Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iphone 4 wont connect to wifi

iPhone 4 won't connect to wifi anywhere now....just happened. I restarted the network settings, turned it off & on, turned it on airplaine mode.... The software is up to date. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi vivienne,

What error messages are you receiving when you attempt to connect to a wireless network?
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

What error messages are you receiving when you attempt to connect to a wireless net...

Not getting an error message; it just isn't connecting/finding any networks.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

What error messages are you receiving when you attempt to connect to a wireless net...

Could you please post a screenshot of the Wi-Fi page whenever you are at home and know that there is for sure a wireless network availalble?
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

What happened when the issue started ocuring? (Did you update the system, install a new app, jailbreak it, etc?)
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

Nothing. It just disconnected one night and never connected again.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

Turn on airplane mode, and shut the phone down. Remove the SIM card as well, let it sit for about 5 minutes. After that, put the sim card back in, turn on the phone and then turn airplane mode off and see if you can see networks again.

If not, then I would suggest performing a factory reset on the phone.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

Thank you.  Did all that and it still isn't working. My other apple devices and others' phones are able to connect to the various Wi-FI networks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

What happens if you choose 'Other' and type in the credentials for your router (i.e. both the SSID and the password)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

What happens if you choose 'Other' and type in the credentials for your router (i.e. both the SSID and the password)?
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi vivienne,

You did a full system restore? Meaning you have deleted everything and reinstalled iOS on it?