Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 4 upgrade through "accidental" damage

Is it possible now that if your iphone 4 were to accidentally break that you would receive a better phone? If so just curious as to which one you would receive.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you damaged your phone, you options are to repair it at your own cost or to pay off any exisiting tab and sign up for a new tab
Dennis wrote:

If you damaged your phone, you options are to repair it at your own cost or to pay off any exisit...

Even with applecare+ ?
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

If you damaged your phone, you options are to repair it at your own cost or to pay off any exisit...

Applecare+ is different and is through Apple, not Koodo. You can get a replacement for a certain fee with Applecare+. https://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/iphone.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

The fee is just more expensive without AppleCare+ To be honest I would never get apple care unless you are sure you will break your phone (for extra clumsy people)
Dennis wrote:

Say this was to occur, and i was upgraded by apple themselves. What would happen to my tab? Would it just stay what it is and i would continue to pay it off month by month as before?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Yes.
Userlevel 5
Dennis wrote:

Ah but Dennis, Applecare also covers your accessories for two years, adds an extra year of warranty and gives you an extra 21 months of phone tech support. while not for everyone it's quite a value, and you can also get it refunded as long as you haven't made an accidental damage claim (well prorated. If you're in the first year full amount refunded, if you've used 3 months you get 9 refunded, etc). I dunno I put applecare on all my apple products. I've never had to do a physical/liquid damage claim, but had screen issues on my iPad about 2 weeks before the end of the second year, and battery issues with my iPhone 4 a year and a half after getting it. It's paid off for me for sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I just find applecare expensive for accidental damage: Applecare - $99 Service Fee - $79 VERSUS Apple's Out-of-warranty* cost: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5: $269 iPhone 4s: $199 iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, Original iPhone: $149
Userlevel 7
Last time I checked Apple does offer a program where if your phone is broken, you can pay a fee (different fee for each model of the iPhone) and get a replacement. But this is seperate from Koodo and you would need to contact Apple directly either over the phone or via Apple store