Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Iphone 4 to iphone 6 - need new Sim Card...steps needed?

I bought my wife an iphone 6 for Christmas, and she currently has an iphone 4.  I want to get a new sim card and have the phone set up and ready for her for Christmas.  Am I able to get a nano sim card and have it activated with her number without deactivating her old phone until Christmas morning?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately if you activate the nano SIM card it will deactivate the old SIM and make the iPhone 4 useless. You could do it before Christmas night and the next day : surprise! Santa Claus thought of her and she has a new working phone
Userlevel 4
You should be able to just walk into any Koodo store and get this done right away.
Thanks,  I suspected that, but just wasn't sure.  Can I buy the sim card and then activate it online?  Or do I need to be in the store to activate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Danny wrote:

You should be able to just walk into any Koodo store and get this done right away.

You can also do this on self serve online. It's very fast and efficient. I'd say you wait until she receives the iPhone 6 before doing this. As I mentioned, activating the new SIM will disable the old one
Userlevel 4
oh.  I didn't understand that you wanted to NOT activate it until Christmas and for it to be a surprise.

Someone on here yesterday talked about how you can alternate SIMs on the same account on self serve.
Danny wrote:

oh.  I didn't understand that you wanted to NOT activate it until Christmas and for it to be...

Interesting...where do I find SIMs in self serve?

Userlevel 4
Danny wrote:

oh.  I didn't understand that you wanted to NOT activate it until Christmas and for it to be...

Mayumi talks about it in here:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/some-questions-about-nano-sim-cards
Danny wrote:

Awesome!  Thanks for all your help!