Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 4 questions

I have a couple questions about buying an iPhone 4. So, if I get one on a medium tab, I have to pay $5 a month PLUS my bill for roughly two years. I can also use my current $40 plan because the iPhone 4 has a 30 minimum I believe. Is that all correct? Am I missing something?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
The iPhone itself doesn't have a $30 minimum, that's just the Medium Tab subsidy requirements. Otherwise you're correct. You can keep your existing plan since it's above the $30 threshold. You'll then receive a 15% contribution from Koodo and be subjected to a $5 Tab charge to pay it down faster. Any balance is cleared after 24 months. I highly recommend you check out the Nexus 4. For the same price (retails for $300), it is a much, much better device in virtually every category: screen resolution, double storage space with 16GB, processor speed, RAM, battery size, camera resolution, OS capabilities... I could go on. It also comes factory unlocked, should you ever travel or need to leave for whatever reason. Ask them for a demo and see how you like it. I had it for a while and I kind of miss it. It is really, really good hardware for the price point Koodo sells it for.
Userlevel 6
Nope, you didn't miss anything. That's exactly how it works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

The iPhone itself doesn't have a $30 minimum, that's just the Medium Tab subsidy requirements. Ot...

I second the Nexus 4 over the iPhone 4, it's also got a larger display that makes games, Web browsing & watching videos more acceptable. Just make sure to get a case for either one you get as both are made with glass on the front and back of the device and a drop could leave you with a cracked phone if you don't get a case. I strongly suggest a 2 layer case with a rubber layer that absorbs shocks from drops and a plastic layer that sticks above the display so the display doesn't hit when dropped. It's really worth the extra $25 - $35 and not just some up sell like an extended warranty 😉
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

The iPhone itself doesn't have a $30 minimum, that's just the Medium Tab subsidy requirements. Ot...

As much as I love iPhones, the Nexus 4 will be a better buy for you compared to the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 8GB is quite an old device and 8GB isn't much since you'll only have about 5-6GB to actually use due to the software. The Nexus 4 is newer and has better specs.
Great, thanks for the tips!