Koodo Community

Community

Iphone 4 once again on sale by Koodo

Userlevel 2
Once again Koodo put iphone 4 on sale only $150 on tab or $300 outright. Good price if someone wants a valentine's.gift.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Come on your supposed to excite your loved one not bore them lol jk
Userlevel 2
This sale will excite those who hate cheap plastic phones
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PD wrote:

I take your one of the ppl that don't understand just how durable plastic devices are. when a metal phone gets scratches or nicks it's extremely noticeable because they don't do it properly they just paint the metal. after a few months your metal phone looks like crap while the plastic phone still looks brand new. The only company's that make a metal phone that don't properly are the ones that power coat the metal which Apple is too cheap to do because it takes from their profit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PD wrote:

Check this video iPhone 5 Durability Report http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_msWyQW6E what you call cheap plastic is actually much better than painted metal
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PD wrote:

Do you always have to make a pitch for Android? We know you prefer it, it's in your name. Would you be defending these plastic phones if Android manufacturers didn't severely limit your choices? And I can tell you that I'll take metal or glass over plastic any day. Most phones are about on par when it comes to dealing impact damage. With enough force, they'll all break. I don't use cases. They're almost always ugly and add little to the resale value of the phone. So I'm concerned with scratch protection. I don't keep anything else in the same pocket as my phone. I've used the iPhone 4 for over a year and got one scuff on the metal from many indoor drops from 0.5 to 1 metre. No scratches on front or back glass. Also, absolutely no creaks or squeaks when I sold the phone (for $400, exactly what I paid for it after more than a year of use). I eventually abandoned it because I got bored with iOS and went to Android. The only thing I missed about my iPhone was the build quality. I then got a Nexus S. Multiple scratches on battery cover after a few days in my pocket. Out it went. Huawei Ascend P1 - no scratches over 3 months, but that device wasn't solidly built as the chassis squeaked. My iPhone 5 went naked for a month and no scratches. That metal back is poorly designed (matte metal finish, really?) and really easy to scratch but mine didn't. My Lumia 800 can be used in an assault and it would be fine (unless you get too much blood on it - it's no less prone to liquid damage). And I'll be fair, it's not all Androids that are of the "cheap" plastic variety. My T-Mobile G2X (LG Optimus 2X) was rock solid. The matte plastic didn't scratch and had a truly premium feel (too bad that the same care wasn't taken with its internals). My Xperia X10 was a terrible phone, but it didn't get scratched. Come to think of it, it's mainly Samsung and Blackberry whose plastics I try to stay away from. The Z10 looks like a big improvement in terms of quality (but why is there no Gorilla Glass or equivalent?). And have you seen the ATIV S from Samsung? In pictures it looked like the S3 should've looked. I saw one in real life and that faux-aluminum finish looked worse than the plastic. Man, did we ever hijack this thread...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PD wrote:

Really because I have the brushed titanium grey Galaxy Note 2 which is the same finish as the Ativ S and I love it, it looks way better than just a regular paint colour. to each their own.