Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 4 data not working

The data used to work on my phone when I first got it last September but then after a few months it stopped. For a while I didn't really care because I had no use for it but now I need to be able to access data. I called koodo tech support and they told me to plug my iPhone into my computer and boot up iTunes. Apparently should have popped up a "Network Update" window but it didn't. I called tech support a second time and was told to do a backup and restore. I did this as well to no avail. I have no idea what to do about this, any help would be appreciated!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it possible that data is blocked on Koodo's end ? When you plug your phone into your PC through iTunes check the menus for an option to update network or carrier settings.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Is it possible that data is blocked on Koodo's end ? When you plug your phone into your PC t...

No it's not, I forgot to mention before calling tech support I went to a Koodo kiosk and the rep there checked and it wasn't blocked on Koodo's end.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Is it possible that data is blocked on Koodo's end ? When you plug your phone into your PC t...

As for the menu's there's nothing to do with updating the phones network or updating the phone. There is only the "Check for Update" option when you plug the phone it but when I hit that iTunes tells me the phone is already up to date.
Userlevel 7
Have you made sure you have the correct APN?http://mobilemasters.koodomobile.com/the-comprehensive-guide-for-bringing-your-unlocked-device-to-koodo/ Also you could try rebooting your phone (holding power and home button at the same time) Another thing you could try is resetting network settings (if you don't where that is, try a google search)
Daniel Kim wrote:

Have you made sure you have the correct APN?http://mobilemasters.koodomobile.com/the-comprehensiv...

Not entirely sure on how to view my APN. As for rebooting the phone and resetting the network settings, I've done that numerous times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I assume data is turned on? Can you send or receive picture messages? Try a hard reset (you wont lose any data) Hold the power and home button (about 15 seconds) until it reboots and you see the apple logo
Yep my cellular data is on. I can send and receive pictures just can't get on to the internet itself. Gave that a shot, still nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Katherine K wrote:

Yep my cellular data is on. I can send and receive pictures just can't get on to the internet it...

Next step is to bring it to the Apple store
Katherine K wrote:

Yep my cellular data is on. I can send and receive pictures just can't get on to the internet it...

That's what I was thinking. Just going to settle with getting a new phone.