Koodo Community
Solved

iPhone 12's price difference from Apple store

• 18 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I did pre-ordered iPhone 12 with tab plan.

Later, I found out the phone’s price is higher than the price Apple is selling.

Koodo’s price is $1,235, while Apple’s price is $1,199.

The price difference is not much but, I think the price should be same for market fairness.

Please let me know if Koodo can do price match. 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 18 October 2020, 07:30

Does Apple give you choice of financing?  If you can get it outright, then it might be better to buy it from Apple. And you can sign up with any providers with BYOD plan when they have deals. 

But, not everyone can afford outright price. And Tab/( interest free loan) makes it easier to buy a phone they want. (even if you need to pay some extra than manufacture)

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Or just wait for a deal to come in order to not pay the premium price! Black Friday is around the corner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A couple of things.  I really believe selling the phones above retail is horrible.

https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/why-koodo-is-charging-more-than-retail-price-for-pixel-4a-7799851?postid=19864392#post19864392

However, when I did a price comparison on a few phones, Koodo/Telus has the smallest premium on the retail price than other providers

https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-66722/no-tab-way-more-expensive-7799356

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does Apple give you choice of financing?  If you can get it outright, then it might be better to buy it from Apple. And you can sign up with any providers with BYOD plan when they have deals. 

But, not everyone can afford outright price. And Tab/( interest free loan) makes it easier to buy a phone they want. (even if you need to pay some extra than manufacture)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think too. Unfortunately it's not the case... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Don't expect it to. That's Koodo’s tax for a tab basically.