Koodo Community
Solved

ipad mini 5 does NOT work with Koodo sims.

The ipad’s networking continuously reboots as soon as it gets LTE. Koodo rep tried multiple sims. Same result. The genius’s at the apple support bar have tried three ipad mini 5’s with the same result.

My old Ipad mini 3 works just fine with the same sim.

Obviously Apple has changed something in their cell phone software stack and is no longer compatible.

PLEASE GET TOGETHER WITH APPLE AND FIX THIS INCOMPATIBILITY

many thanks,
pete
icon

Best answer by Goran 28 June 2019, 16:43

I'm not sure what Koodo could do in this case? Does it work with other carriers?
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure what Koodo could do in this case? Does it work with other carriers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So a factory reset did nothing? Is it only in a recent update that it did that?
Other carriers worked when tried at the apple store. I dont know about an update, i just got the 5, and it is up to date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Other carriers worked when tried at the apple store. I dont know about an update, i just got the 5, and it is up to date.

When you go into Settings >> Cellular data >> Cellular data options, what did you see there? Was it sp.koodo.com? They mentioned it here https://www.koodomobile.com/help/i-cant-connect-internet

I am wondering if the iPad accidentally switched to something else and didn't get the network settings properly.
The koodo guy chevked it, and yes it was there. The problem is definitely crashing the ipad, its not a normal connectivity problem.

id be interested to hear if anyone has one working.....i expect not.
As described in my initial post, using a sim from another carrier works on my Ipad Mini 5. A Rogers Sim works just fine. Fast LTE speeds, and rock solid. Until Koodo gets together with apple to fix this issue, No new Ipad Mini 5's will be on the Koodo network and there will be unhappy customers, like myself.

Till Koodo resolves it, I am forced to remain a Rogers customer for my Ipad Mini 5. I wonder if it is a network issue and Telus customers are also affected.

Koodo, PLEASE GET TOGETHER WITH APPLE AND FIX THIS INCOMPATIBILITY
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A rep will have seen this thread and hopefully forwarded it to see what they can do. But if it's just one tablet I cannot imagine it being a top priority.
one tablet? cant see how. apple store tried three, and mine was direct from china (engraved), so was from a different build batch than the two store units.

if they dont care about any mini 5's as a single tablet type, well, then that would be a silly biz decision.

on the phone again with them now after the the Kudo store manager didnt do their job over a week ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
One tablet model. Guess I needed to be explicit.

Best of luck.
Koodo tech support (escalated) has made a business decision to not spend any time requesting/notifying Apple of the issue. Bottom line: Koodo network will not support or work with the Apple Ipad Mini 5 (2019).

(obviously not enough luck Goran - as you had suggested)