Koodo Community

Community

Question

International texts not delivered

I am currently in France, and before I left Canada, I added the txt15 to my plan (I'm on an iPhone 5C). I have been in a couple different countries, and have had issues with receiving texts. When I was in Iceland, I was able to receive texts, and eventually, was able to send them (after switching to a different network). When I went to the UK, I was still able to receive texts, but no matter which network I was on, I wasn't able to send anything out. I was only there for 2 days, so I wasn't too concerned. Now, I'm going to be in France and Spain for the next 1.5 weeks, and I still can't figure it out. In France, I've been able to receive a message, but anything I try to send won't go through and I get a "not delivered" message back. I've tried joining all the different networks available, and I still haven't figured it out. 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That add-on only comes with 75 outgoing texts total over 30 days. Have you made 75 texts already? If so you have the option of adding the other international roaming add on or adding the international pay per use add on to access the pay per use rates.
Hey Allan! I have only used about 5 of them. I'm saying that assuming that all of the undelivered messages don't count against my usage. That being said, it still shouldn't be over 75 texts already. Any other suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rachel Meagan wrote:

Hey Allan! I have only used about 5 of them. I'm saying that assuming that all of the undelivered...

Have you tried turning off iMessage, and deleting all your past conversations with the person you are trying to text? Also make sure you are texting the number and not a possible iMessage account.
Hey Allan, Thanks for replying! My iMessage has been turned off, and the person I'm trying to message isn't on an iPhone. I'm travelling, and trying to message my tour director, so there was no conversation previous to me leaving Canada. Thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried rebooting your phone?
If this does not work, you may need to contact koodo.  Your best bet is to send them a private message on facebook or twitter and they can look deeper into it.
Dennis wrote:

Have you tried rebooting your phone?
If this does not work, you may need to contact koodo.  ...

Thanks Dennis, I have tried rebooting my phone 3 or 4 times now, so that hasn't helped yet. I've rebooted it with each of the different networks hooked up, just in case that helps. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Everything looks fine from our end Rachel. Meaning that your account is properly set up to be able to text internationally. The one question that wasn't asked yet is where you are trying to text and what prefix numbers are you using. Like country code and city code. If those are not properly put in text won't go through. 
Hey Bernard, The number that I'm trying to text is a UK number (+44 followed by a 10 digit number), but I've also tried to text back to Canada. I've tried with and without using the +1 code in front of the 10 digit Canadian number. Is how how I should be doing it? Thanks! Rachel
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rachel Meagan wrote:

Hey Bernard, The number that I'm trying to text is a UK number (+44 followed by a 10 digit nu...

The "+" should make it work.

Have you tried 011 in place of the "+" ?

http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/text-and-messaging/what-calling-co...
Rachel Meagan wrote:

Hey Bernard, The number that I'm trying to text is a UK number (+44 followed by a 10 digit nu...

I'm not sure if you have resolved this but I'm in Spain right now and my family has 3 iPhones 2 work and 1 is having the exact problems you describe and I have tried everything that has been suggested too.   Nothing has worked.

It's the newer SE iPhone that isn't working
Mary

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rachel Meagan wrote:

Hi Mary - is this for the phone number starting with 929? If so, I just added the $0 pay-per-use international long distance feature to your account, which should help resolve the issue. Try rebooting your phone and trying again. Let us know if that helps. 
Rachel Meagan wrote:

Thank you for you quick response!!

It's working great now.

Mary
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that I ended up getting this resolved. The Koodo rep added the "international data feature" and now I have no trouble using it! Thanks for all the advice! 🙂