Koodo Community

Community

Solved

International texting issues - Philippines

I did text my friends in the Philippines, but any of them did not receive any text from me? My iPhone plan unlimited international text.. 01163 that's philippine country code "63"

19 replies

I have a 3-year term, I started to use it march 4 2013 iPhone 5, i have an unlimited messaging (text and picture)
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
You are using the right dialing code, one quick question? when you send them, do they fail on your phone or they go through? If they go through and they don't get it, you may call Tech support for troubleshooting, maybe there is an issue with the routing or the settings that could be either fixed by troubleshooting, or by logging a ticket on our end.
Userlevel 1
Digitel Mobile, Globe and Smart are Koodo partners in Philippines, you can try Imessage too that is using Data.
Userlevel 7
MatB wrote:

Digitel Mobile, Globe and Smart are Koodo partners in Philippines, you can try Imessage too that ...

Did you verify of your friends are on the networks mat suggested above?
You might want to next time confirm that you have international texting by calling koodo and confirming with them. There are terms and conditions to every plan.
Yes im using right dialing code. when i send text message, they go through but they didnt receive it. How can i call Tech support? Thanks.
Last night until morning any of my friends didnt receive a tex from me, but now, one of my friend receive a text, then after a minutes they didnt receive again. So what should ill do? My friends using Globe number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don't program their numbers as 01163. Program them as +63 instead. The 011 is obsolete and is used for traditional landline phones which don't have the capability of dialing +. This may be the cause of your problem.
Userlevel 2
Ivan wrote:

Don't program their numbers as 01163. Program them as +63 instead. The 011 is obsolete and is use...

Hey Philosoraptor, the 011 is required to be entered. 011 + the country code + the mobile number. I just wanted to clear this up 🙂.
Userlevel 6
Hi Shane, I suggest that you contact our technical support by dialing *611 from your cell, option #6. To help with the troubleshooting, be ready to provide your friends' phone numbers and providers to the technician 🙂
Yannick wrote:

Hi Shane, I suggest that you contact our technical support by dialing *611 from your cell, option...

tried calling *611 and was told it wasn't Koodo's network
Yannick wrote:

Hi Shane, I suggest that you contact our technical support by dialing *611 from your cell, option...

Fay, I'm pretty sure the problem is with globe.. My cousins on globe are always complaining about not receiving messages, even from philippine numbers.
Yannick wrote:

I actually talked with a globe representative this morning and was told that nothing was wrong. I tried using my friend's phone with the Virgin Mobile Network and my friends in the Philippines received my messages.
I used the 01163....... now its working 🙂 But before i try the +63..... but they dont receive it. Thanks anyways 🙂 Godbless! - One more question, when i got this iphone, i have a free 30minutes call international, how will i know if i still have remaining free call? So that i will know they charged for calling or not..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe your only option is a call duration app, Shane, does this list help you at all? http://appfinder.lisisoft.com/ipad-iphone-apps/call-duration.html
It's the same problem i'm experiencing right now, and this isn't the first time that this has happened. I used to turn my phone on and off several times and after a few hours, it would be okay. Tried the same method last night but was just disappointed. I don't know if it's Koodo or the Globe network.
It's globe. Smart always works for me.
I am currently having this problem. My husband is in Canada with a Canada-Wide texting plan on Koodo Prepaid. I'm in the UK with O2, which is listed as supported by Koodo. My husband was able to text me with no problems when he was there in June. He's just gone back last week and no texts come through to my phone. Texts work fine to other UK numbers, it's only mine that's causing a problem. He's tried texting 004475..., 0114475..., and +4475..., none of them have worked. Help! 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LolyBear wrote:

I am currently having this problem. My husband is in Canada with a Canada-Wide texting plan on Ko...

Call tech support. Unless he's dialing wrong, that's the only way this issue will get resolved. 1-866-995-6636, option 6.