Koodo Community

Community

Solved

International Telemarketers are costing me money - how can I block them?

an international telemarketer left a voice message in my voicemail. But the number doesn't show up on my list of recent calls, so I can't block the number. I have to pay long distance charges, how can I avoid this? Using an iphone 5C.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Heidi, When checking your voicemail inbox it doesn't cost long distance to check it and delete a voicemail. Now as far as blocking numbers, Koodo unfortunately doesn't have a service that can block numbers from contacting you. There are apps available that you can download onto your phone which may block unknown numbers. I'm not sure which apps are available for iPhones as I do not own one, but I'm sure there are some on the App Store. Hope that helps! If anyone has app suggestions, I'm sure someone will provide you with an answer in regards to which will work best.
Userlevel 5
You don't get long distance charges for answering voicemails.
OK thanks guys, that is good to know. I thought the voicemail would count as accepting an incoming international call. But if it's not the same that's great. Thanks for replying so quickly!
Userlevel 7
Heidi Maloney wrote:

OK thanks guys, that is good to know. I thought the voicemail would count as accepting an incomin...

No problem, one other thing, you can receive calls free of charge and answer them without worrying about additional charges (as long as you're in Canada when receiving the call).