Koodo Community
Solved

International roaming.

If I’m travelling outside of the US and Canada, and I have my cellular data switched off, would I be charged for incoming text, or a call I don’t answer?
I ask, as ill be in Australia for two weeks in the very near future, but don’t need to make calls or text (although I do plan to text and FaceTime while connected to available wifi). So I m just concerned about iunaswered calls, or incoming text.... Appreciate any help on the matter, cheers.
icon

Best answer by Mayumi 19 August 2019, 05:17

Incoming texts are free.
You don’t get charged if you don’t answer phone calls. (Checking voicemail will incur roaming charges)

If you don’t plan to make calls or text, you can take your SIM out. So you don’t need to worry about accidental roaming charges.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Incoming texts are free, incoming calls are fine as long as you dont pick them up.
Thanks Allan.
Hard to find an answer, so thought I’d ask here.. Found conflicting info, and just wasn’t sure.... cheers!
I just want to have my phone handy, and not answer calls, or texts unless I’m on wifi, and will have my cellular data turned off as I had mentioned..
Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yea that will be fine. As long as your data is off you'll be good for unexpected charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can even get a local prepaid sim, slap it in there, and use cheap data to your hearts content.
Yea that will be fine. As long as your data is off you'll be good for unexpected charges.

Great!👍🏻🍻
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Incoming texts are free.
You don’t get charged if you don’t answer phone calls. (Checking voicemail will incur roaming charges)

If you don’t plan to make calls or text, you can take your SIM out. So you don’t need to worry about accidental roaming charges.
You can even get a local prepaid sim, slap it in there, and use cheap data to your hearts content.

Hi, and thanks!
Normally I do do that (When I’m there for a month or more), but being only in the country for 11 days, didn’t think it was worth buying a Local sim.
Ill check it out when there, as they do have some cheap deals in AU,. I’ll see how things go, but am looking to save costs this time around!👍🏻
Incoming texts are free.

Very true, and a good option!
My biggest problem then, is not loosing the pesky little thing lol....🍻
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Incoming texts are free.

Very true, and a good option!
My biggest problem then, is not loosing the pesky little thing lol....🍻

That’s very true too. Lol. I haven’t lose them yet (lucky me), but there was a few close calls...😅
Thankyou everyone, a big help, and has answered my dilemma....😊👍🏻
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm looking at 10-15 bucks for 1-6gb...id pay that little bit.