Koodo Community

Community

International plans

Hi, I am from Ontario and will be travelling around Ireland/Scotland for 2 weeks in August - what would be the best plan to get as an add-on? I want to be able to text, access facebook/instagram, and make emergency calls. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jenna,

How much data do you plan on using?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to do instagram as well, it'll be better given the data usage, to get a local sim. Both Ireland and the UK have excellent rates and theEU has banned roaming charges. The beat you can do with a roaming package with koodo is 40 dollars that only includes 50MB of data.
Ya I doubt 50MB would be enough. So from what I've read, that would entail unlocking my phone for $50 then buying a SIM card? How much do they run for?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jenna Veens wrote:

Ya I doubt 50MB would be enough. So from what I've read, that would entail unlocking my phone for...

Sim cards in Europe don't have a cost. You would just pay for the plan you want. You could even get one sim for Ireland and one for the UK just in case you're worried about people calling you in the other country. Data especially is quite cheap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jenna Veens wrote:

Ya I doubt 50MB would be enough. So from what I've read, that would entail unlocking my phone for...

You can find more information about plans and prepaid over here : http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data
Userlevel 4
Jenna Veens wrote:

Jenna

You don't have to pay $50 for unlocking. On E-Bay among many you can get your unlock code much cheaper.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jenna Veens wrote:

OP selected iPhone as phone type so unfortunately 50 is OP's cheapest option.
Userlevel 4
Jenna Veens wrote:

In case of iPhone it is a little bit different story as Goran noticed.