Koodo Community
Question

INPUT WANTED: Koodo Community is being redesigned.

Hi everyone, The Koodo Community is being redesigned and we want to hear your thoughts on our first stab: https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo We can't emphasize enough how important your feedback is. We truly believe that together we can build the cleanest smartest forum ever made; where finding an answer is always quick and effort free. Thank you, Nathan

129 replies

OMG there's no more How I'm Feeling section at the bottom of Replies and Posts.  It was one ...Thanks for sharing. I see both sides, including that it's removal makes the design much more clean and helps users focus on getting or giving an answer.
Userlevel 2
OMG there's no more How I'm Feeling section at the bottom of Replies and Posts.  It was one ...I've never really used the "how am I feeling" option. Always seemed unnecessary.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
OMG there's no more How I'm Feeling section at the bottom of Replies and Posts.  It was one ...Agreed. Totally unnecessary... But fun 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
OMG there's no more How I'm Feeling section at the bottom of Replies and Posts.  It was one ...Myke was feeling indifferent
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
OMG there's no more How I'm Feeling section at the bottom of Replies and Posts.  It was one ... Feeling section is like a side dish at a restaurant with your friend. (Answering, replying and commenting are this forum's main dish.) So you can have it if you want but it’s not necessary to have. You can share it with your friend sometimes. I can’t explain well …but it was fun to read it too 
OMG there's no more How I'm Feeling section at the bottom of Replies and Posts.  It was one ...Haha Chad.
Userlevel 7
personally i like the forum as it is, i just think the forum now looks nicer. maybe its just me:P
personally i like the forum as it is, i just think the forum now looks nicer. maybe its just me:PThanks for the feedback Daniel.
Badge +4
Okay, had a chance to test drive the new look a little further... [b]Categories: I'd like to see all categories shown i.e. Android, BlackBerry, Apple and Windows Phone at all times. I realize you can select 'View All', but for speed and efficiency, I think it would be better to show all four platforms, Android, Apple, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. We really need to address the fact that under the old system, some community members aren't always mindful of including their devices' make or model number when requesting assistance. There are a lot of devices out there, so it'd be great if GetSat could add a catch phrase, perhaps something along the lines of "remember to include your device name and model number". This will ultimately save time. [b]Hover: A way for users to hover over the row of pictographs that appear along the the bottom of the text box. Once a user understands what the pictographs do, they can turn off the hover feature. I realize that if one is familiar with a word processor, the first four or five pictographs are self-explanatory. B=Bold, I=Italicized lettering U=Underline S = Strikeout text. Chain=Paste url, Camera=Upload Picture, Video Camera=Upload Video, Bullets=Point or Numbered styles. Quotation Mark=Quote a comment, Pre= Preview? I'm guessing this allows you to preview or possibly edit the post prior to submitting? [b]Java Busy Spinner: Can this be replaced by either the Koodo logo or El Tabador doing cartwheels while waiting for a page to load? The spinner isn't very appealing in my opinion. [b]RSS Feeds: Would like to see the RSS logo prominently displayed on all pages. [b]Colours: I think the Koodo colours should stay the same, the bright colours are synonymous with the colours used in advertising and at kiosks or stores across the country. The colours used in the newer layout are somewhat dull and uninviting. The tabs are fine, they give a more modern feel, but a little more colour would look better. Just some opinions, that's all I have for now.
Okay, had a chance to test drive the new look a little further... [b]Categories: I'd like...Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed reply 🙂 This goes a long way to helping us improve the community for you and fellow customers.

[b]Categories: 
1) I agree that all categories should be shown and I'd put it on the right-hand column and give it less real estate.

2) I agree that we need to have some customization available to the 'Start a Conversation' page which would save everyone a lot of time. Whether it's a editable text box where we can emphasize the importance of sharing certain details such as the device type OR the ability to make choosing a category mandatory, I'm not sure. 

[b]Hover: 
Being able to turn the hovers on and off is far too complex for the average user. Perhaps meeting somewhere in the middle where the text explanation only appears after a full second which is short enough to make it appear for noobs to help them understand and long enough so that it never appears for power users.

I personally think it's all self explanatory with the exception of "pre" which should be re-visited to make it more clear.

[b]Java Busy Spinner: 
Branding the Java Spinner won't be possible as the design needs to work for all GS communities.

[b]RSS Feeds: 
99% of people don't know was RSS is, let alone use it. It's a great tool however for power users, so I would make it just a little more prominent on the homepage, allowing customers to subscribe to individual categories, conversation types, or the community as the whole.

[b]Colours: 
Branding will occur months down the road once the UX has been finalized. It will definitely look more Koodo in-time.

Thanks again and keep 'em coming.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Okay, had a chance to test drive the new look a little further... [b]Categories: I'd like...Do not ever remove my rss feeds! I know that wasn't suggested but I'm telling you now, I rely on em
Okay, had a chance to test drive the new look a little further... [b]Categories: I'd like...*backs away slowly*
My turn! Adding a few of my own to get your thoughts on:

1) Add auto-fill/suggest functionality to search bar:
http://raamdev.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/google_search_autocompletion.png
2) Move the company update from the top bar to the top of the 'Recent Activity' feed. It should be pinned there as per Facebook Timelines and Groups.

For one, it provides a cleaner and simpler user experience as there is only one place they need to look. This will also ensure that it is seen by more members and more often as it's where they naturally look for the most recent conversations. Third, it is organic and natural, blending seamlessly into the UX as opposed to interrupting the UX with bright coloured display banner. Fourth, once the KoodoMobile.com header is added above it, it will look very strange as there are white columns on both sides which will be disrupted by this width wide banner/strip. 

3) Allow Mobile Masters (Champions) and Reps to promote correct and complete answers with a single click. Currently for an answer to be promoted it needs to receive 3 likes, stars, or +1's which rarely happens. As a result, customers need to spend additional time wading through long discussions to find the one comment that solves the problem.

4) In this same vein, please rename "Official" answer to "Approved" answer or "Best" answer. This is more honest and accurate as most of our answers come from our awesome customers. 

5) Allow the option to add iFrame widgets into the right column so that we can continue to have our rotating square ads for the Mobile Masters and Koodo Ideas.

6) Offer a clean API integration with Badgeville - game mechanics such as points and badges. This should include a leaderboard widget, pop-up notifications, enhanced profiles, and framed profile pics.

7) Sort experts by comments or stars/likes so that only the most active are displayed. In the example below, we have Michele whom only looks at analytics in the back-end but does not participate in the front end. It would make sense for her now to be shown and sorting is any easy automatic solve for this.  

😎 Keep things clean by removing the unnecessary. This includes:
- Stats in the top right corner of the main page and the dead space to it's left (when empty). 
- Message from Koodo (when empty)
- Recent Contributors
- About This Community

9) Allow for widgets to be added to a separate Ideas page. It's a big part of our community and business as it allows our customers to share their ideas with Koodo. Without a little customization, it becomes difficult for Koodo to express messages such as the fact that we do indeed read and assess every idea, that we've implemented nearly a hundred so far, etc. 

10) Allow Koodo to customize the search bar text. Currently it reads "Find or start a conversation" which is not ideal as it puts equal weight on asking and finding. We want more customers to find answers as it avoids duplicates and saves the time of community members and Koodo employees. We like the simpler agnostic version we currently have: "Ask a question"

11) Add a search bar in the right column of individual threads above 'Related Conversations' to allow customers to ask unrelated follow up questions. Most customers find the Koodo Community searching for their question in Google. This would allow them to easily continue to find all of their answers. Currently finding one's way to the homepage is not particularly easy for first time customers.

12) 'Koodo' and the home icon in the top left corner are redundant. Please stick to the home button which is most common.

13) Allow the option to remove the conversation type: 'Problem'. We believe that any problem can be stated in the form of a question which often leads to more positive and constructive conversations, ultimately yielding answers faster. Here are two examples:

Problem - My bill is way too high! C'mon Koodo!
Question - Can anybody help me understand why I've got $5.66 in long distance overage? I have unlimited nationwide calling and have been talking mostly with my aunt in Boston and my cousin in Toronto.

14) I'm not a fan of the "view more" button. On one hand it allows pages to load quickly since it doesn't pull in everything at once. On the other hand, when you reload the page you're always brought to the very start of the recent activity or thread which forces you to keep scrolling and clicking these buttons to get back to where you were. I can see this getting extremely frustrating, especially in a thread. Here are a few possible solves:
  • Always load the entire thread
  • Always load twice the comments that it currently does 
  • Change "view more" to "view all" so that you only need to hit it once.
  • Anchor the view to where the customer left off (not sure if this is technically possible)
  • Allow customers to select "always view all"
  • Display the most recent comments and add a button to the button to the top that says "view previous" 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
14) I'm not a fan of the "view more" button. On one hand it allows pages to load quickly since it...+1
14) I'm not a fan of the "view more" button. On one hand it allows pages to load quickly since it...Hey Dennis, which of the solves do you like best and why?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
14) I'm not a fan of the "view more" button. On one hand it allows pages to load quickly since it...Always load the entire thread OR Always load twice the comments that it currently does 

This current thread is long and I only had to click 'view more' once
14) I'm not a fan of the "view more" button. On one hand it allows pages to load quickly since it...Ideally it would auto load the rest in it's entirety once you've scrolled to the bottom of the first part.
15) Ability to 'like' comments just as you can currently like replies. The final and best answer is often within a reply.

16) Ability to make comments 'Official' just as you can currently make replies 'Official'. The final and best answer is often within a reply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
15) Ability to 'like' comments just as you can currently like replies. The final and best answer ...+1 for both
15) Ability to 'like' comments just as you can currently like replies. The final and best answer ...Thanks for the feedback Dennis.
Adding another thread as it relates: https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/topics/providing_details_about_your_phone_when_seeking_help
Userlevel 2
17) Ability to view a full page of recent discussions, without having to see the stuff at the top of the page.
Userlevel 2
Context: I am viewing this link from work, with a non-flash IE 8. https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/topics/my_tab_hasnt_been_updated_since_august_3_on_self_serve_should_i_be_concerned Does not load up the discussion at all. Question · 1 hour ago · My tab hasn't been updated since August 3 on self-serve. Should I be concerned? Marianne Irwin · ----- That's it. That's all that it shows.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also happy that it auto adjust for this BlackBerry screen so if the desktop community is going to always be like this. I am happy with that change at least.