Koodo Community
Question

INPUT WANTED: Koodo Community is being redesigned.

Show first post

129 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Love how the tags now appear under the question.

However the search function has changed.  ...
Agree to the two fine gentleman above me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ummm. I’m actually a woman.(^_^) I know my previous name confused some people…
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

^^ I always thought Mayumi was a lady's name
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My sincere apologies Mayumi
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Don't worry about it. 🙂
Userlevel 2
It would be great if Koodo didn't use get satisfaction, and instead built the community themselves. It seems like everytime a good suggestion is made to improve things around here it has to be run through get satisfaction first, in order to determine feasibility. I'd love to see the points/scoring removed personally, but I doubt that will happen.
It would be great if Koodo didn't use get satisfaction, and instead built the community themselve...As a value carrier we have to keep costs low. We would need a whole department the size of Get Satisfaction's engineering staff to create our own community. Unfortunately, these increased costs would be passed on to customers in the form of rate plan hikes which I think we can all agree isn't ideal.
It would be great if Koodo didn't use get satisfaction, and instead built the community themselve...If you don't want to see points/scoring, just use this link https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo  :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I want to see the "'Recent Conversations" on top when I open a page.
I like that questions are categorised, maybe it can be on the side of the page...
I also would like to see who posted the last reply in a topic like Ivan and Dennis said.
I like that questions are ca...
I feel the same way. Does anybody use the categories often?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rarely. But I think with it out in the open I may use it to search or find older posts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Agree as well. The Categories don't need to be on top like that. Recent questions should have priority
This might be my top ask. Moving it into the right column so that 'Recent Activity' is pulled up allowing customers to dive right into the conversations. Browsing is much more cumbersome relative to the search bar.
I like it! It would take time to get used to, as most things do, but I definitely would say it's an improvement from our current Koodo Community site. 🙂
I like it! It would take time to get used to, as most things do, but I definitely would say it's ...Thanks for the feedback Khylah. If you see any way that we could make it better, please let us know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does the new site auto-refresh so we know if someone responded before we are able to complete a reply/comment to prevent posting similar answers? If not, I think that would be a definite request
Does the new site auto-refresh so we know if someone responded before we are able to complete a r...That's a great point Dennis. I'm not sure whether that's technically possible without losing what you've written so far. Fingers crossed.
Userlevel 2
Does the new site auto-refresh so we know if someone responded before we are able to complete a r...+1 this idea. It would be good to know if someone has replied to a question before we reply so that there is no redundancy. It looks bad when two or more persons posts the same answer within seconds of each other unintentionally. I know when it happens to me, I feel like I'm just parroting the other person's reply.
Does the new site auto-refresh so we know if someone responded before we are able to complete a r...I'm thinking perhaps this is handled in the same way that Facebook does. When you get a new notification or new updates, the page let's you know without having to refresh:
http://www.inqbation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Facebook-Notifications-Invite-Facebook-Page.png 
OR 
http://www.insidefacebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Screen-Shot-2012-08-23-at-11.05.18-AM.png

When a user clicks on either of these, they get a warning saying that if they continue the page will refresh and they will lose what they've written. This gives users a chance to copy and paste what they have so far while also checking if it's become redundant.

Thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does the new site auto-refresh so we know if someone responded before we are able to complete a r...With facebook the list of comments refresh but you wont actually lose your currently being typed comments. So it's not a true page refresh. So basically if we can live refresh comments (as its own element) but the dialogue box is part of the page that doesnt get refreshed. And then when a comment from the dialogue box has been posted, the comments refresh automatically (as they are posted into the live refresh comment element now)
Does the new site auto-refresh so we know if someone responded before we are able to complete a r...+1000,000
Userlevel 6
I need to make this comment first: 1 second after I clicked the link, I immediately thought I was on T-Mobile's website because of the color scheme. It may be just me though. The layout looks nice, I'll keep digging in to have a more educated opinion 😛 But so far, except for the T-Mo shock, it looks nice!
I need to make this comment first: 1 second after I clicked the link, I immediately thought I wa...Thanks for the comment. The colour scheme will be adjusted before we go live to match Koodo more closely. For now we're just reviewing the UX.
Userlevel 6
I need to make this comment first: 1 second after I clicked the link, I immediately thought I wa...No problem Nathan. More comments will be coming once I have spent more time looking at it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I need to make this comment first: 1 second after I clicked the link, I immediately thought I wa...I love Rose Pink color (^_^)