Koodo Community

Community

Solved

INPUT WANTED: Koodo Community is being redesigned.

Hi everyone, The Koodo Community is being redesigned and we want to hear your thoughts on our first stab: https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo We can't emphasize enough how important your feedback is. We truly believe that together we can build the cleanest smartest forum ever made; where finding an answer is always quick and effort free. Thank you, Nathan

130 replies

Badge +4
I like the layout, I'll need a little more time to get a feel for the new look but not bad in my opinion.
Userlevel 2
Nathan, I should mention that since I am no longer a part of the team, you should take my name off the list: Message from Koodo Got a question? We're here from 9-9pm Mon to Fri and 9-7 on weekends. On duty we've got Ash, Yan, Vince, Tayeb, & Myke.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Nathan, I should mention that since I am no longer a part of the team, you should take my name of...

There needs to be a way to view all topics(like there is now).

Navigation, while simplified, makes it difficult to see what topics have recent activity under a "view all" section.

Also not seeing a way to create a new topic either.

Myke wrote:

Nathan, I should mention that since I am no longer a part of the team, you should take my name of...

i kinda like it the way it is, but if modifications CAN make it better, so be it.
Myke wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Myke - We're removing that message altogether was I find out how.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

I'd also like a view all topics option like the one currently available, as well as who posted the last reply in a topic. So far, while the new layout looks better, I'm feeling more restricted and not loving it.
Myke wrote:

Sorry guys, maybe I'm not following. From what I can see and understand, it defaults on 'Recent Conversations' which is the same as "view all". Can you help us understand the issue?
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

When I click on "topics" right now, it brings up a full page of recent topics. Under the redesign, it does not do this. It brings up different categories instead of a full page of recent topics.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Myke, I think you are clicking on View All in the Top Categories section. If you scroll down to Conversations there is a box called Recent that when active displays all recent conversations
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

That does not pull up a full page like it currently does. It has a bunch of other stuff that clogs up the page. I'm talking about a full page of recent topics, like now: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

The Recent Conversation is the full page of recent topics. It's just more cluttered at the top and you have to scroll down to see it.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

That's going to be incredibly annoying then. No point in doing the redesign if recent discussions are going to be more difficult to see.
Myke wrote:

Recent discussions auto populate for everyone on the homepage. Just scroll down.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

I realize that, but it's rather clunky to have to scroll down isntead of having a full page dedicated to recent discussions.
There's gotta be a pull down tab, somewhere where you can see the topics your specifically looking for......something more user friendly. Although, its pretty good now, almost doesn't need a tweek.
Aaron Heinrichs wrote:

There's gotta be a pull down tab, somewhere where you can see the topics your specifically lookin...

Are you looking for an easier way to see all the categories (e.g. Android)? Or do you miss the black 'How it works' tab?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Love how the tags now appear under the question.

However the search function has changed.  I searched the same thing under both communities and I get different results.
Also the new search results do not highlight the search terms and I dont think they search through or display the search term in the topic's replies.  I think this will limit the searching capabilities of the community.

I like how it shows when the question was first posted.  
But like Ivan said I would like to also see who posted the last reply in a topic like it currently does.  It helps me if I see my name so I dont checking on that thread if I know I was the last to reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

However the search function has changed.  ...

Also when viewing all the topics under 'Recent Conversations' I miss having the pictures of the 'question mark', 'heart', 'lightbulb' when the topic is a Question or praise or idea.  The picture allowed to sift through the topics quicker.  Having just the word 'Question' or 'Idea' I am not as immediately aware if I'm opening a question or idea.
Dennis wrote:

Love this last point and am quite concerned about the first. Do you find that the search is more or less accurate now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Hmm... Im not sure if it is more accurate or not. But without the preview with the search term highlighted it is more difficult relying on the Topic title and the first line of the topic only
Dennis wrote:

Good point - thanks for sharing.
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Same here - I'd like to see the name of the last responder.

Also I can not seem to find the GetSat URL shortner link which I normally use to share with other MM 
Dennis wrote:

Is it the name that you're interested or would their profile pic do? Another option would be to have an icon appear if you were the last to reply - others would not be able to see it. What do you think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

The name of the last responder give me some ideas of " I was the last person answered this topic", "OP responded" and/ or "someone else made a reply/comment to add/correct info"…etc Also if I know who the last responder was, I don't need to go back same topic over and over (Maybe it just me :P)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I do that too Mayumi! For simple questions sometimes if I see Timo answered it I wont waste time viewing that thread. If it was very interesting question that I wanted to know the answer to and I see a MM like Paul answer I may check it out to learn something about Android