Koodo Community

Community

Inconsistency in the phone unlock fee

I have an iphone and in self serve, I saw an option to unlock my phone. I tried that and it stated that the phone unlock fee is $35. When I tried to complete the unlock flow, it gave me error that I need to contact the customer care. I called koodo customer care and the representative told that unlock is only possible by calling customer care. I asked about the unlock fee and he told that it's $50.

I found it so ridiculous. Why are you keeping a feature in self-serve if it will not work any ways and are you having 2 different prices through 2 different channels. Please remove this option from self serve if it is of no use.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The unlock function is for Android only.  iPhones lock their phones in a special way.

The price is an error.  We have informed Koodo of it, but looks like they have not changed it.

Send a private Message on fb to koodo and they can look into unlocking the iphone for ya.

Also make sure you are eligible first
http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

The unlock function is for Android only.  iPhones lock their phones in a special way.

The p...

Quote the page you visited listing the price you describe, and you might get the lower price.

Userlevel 7
$50 would still be cheaper than any third party unlock for an iPhone, and if you get the $35 price it's a steal. If you had an Android, though, then I would recommend using unlockbox.ca - pretty good prices, if you don't mind waiting until later in the day or possibly the next. My other choice is cellunlocker.net - I've gotten codes within 15 minutes before (model depending).