Koodo Community

Community

Incoming Calls Go Straight To Voicemail - Do Not Receive Texts

I’ve been having an intermittent problem for months. Incoming calls go directly to voicemail. During this time, I don’t receive texts, either. This happened again last night. I have two phone numbers on my account. I have two iPhones… an iPhone 7 running iOS 11 and an iPhone 6 running iOS 10. I swapped each phone’s SIM card and tried calling my number from a neighbour’s home line. It went straight to voicemail. Then I tried calling the second number on the other iPhone and it rang. Clearly the problem is not a SIM card or either iPhone. The problem number has a new SIM card. Settings on each phone are not preventing sending or receiving calls and texts. One telephone number works perfectly fine. I’m exhausted and no longer know what to do.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would suggest you perform a reset network settings first (Settings --> general --> reset -->  Reset network settings), and then check if you accidentally block any number (settings --> phone --> call blocking & identification).
Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried resetting network settings. Again, the second number rang through on the phone. Without having reset anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
davidvh wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried resetting network settings. Again, the second number ran...

So rang through means it went to voicemail?  is this the iphone 6 or 7?

When you look on self serve, does the problem phone have the correct sim card number assigned to it?
Is it able to make outgoing calls?
davidvh wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried resetting network settings. Again, the second number ran...

My number didn’t ring on either iPhone with my SIM card installed. The second number rang on both iPhones with the second SIM installed. Yes, I can make outgoing calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
davidvh wrote:

Ok so definitely not a phone issue.

Just to clarify, Was this issue always there for your sim card (could be a defective sim card since the problem is following your sim)?  I am clear if you tried a new sim card for your number and the problem followed your number around

Userlevel 7
Any chance your phone is set to do not disturb?
If the iPhone had been set to do not disturb, the second number with the second SIM would not have allowed the phone to ring.
Userlevel 7
davidvh wrote:

If the iPhone had been set to do not disturb, the second number with the second SIM would not hav...

Sorry, didn't notice that. Your next option would probably be to get a new sim card and try that.