Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iMessage not sending, sending as text message

So ever since yesterday my iMessages have not been delivered and instead send as text messages. This happens both on wifi and data and I've tried restarting, rebooting, turning iMessage on and off, starting a new conversation, everything. I have no idea what to do now and it's really frustrating. Every now and then it'll send 1 as an iMessage then just go back to sending as a text. Can someone pleaseeeee help.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It could be the other peron on the other end that has data/wifi connection issues and when it fails it sends as sms
Userlevel 4
Have u tried updating the iOS.? I was having the same problem and I updated to 9.0.2 and it seems to be working fine. Sometimes if u turn iMessage off and back on it works too. Just a thought.
It's not the other person cause it does the same for every person with iMessage. It'll send but won't say delivered but the other person gets it anyways and then it sends as text. And yes I updated last night hoping it would help but the problem is still there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Article here on this topic. Maybe matches your situation?
Thanks, I already know aha found a reddit page last night with about 100 other people saying the same. They fixed it last night and its working again
Morgan Moss wrote:

Thanks, I already know aha found a reddit page last night with about 100 other people saying the ...

how????