Koodo Community

Community

Solved

im getting charged extra for data I didn't use

I received my bill and I got charged extra for data I didn't use. When I got the notification that I was out of data I turned it off until my usage reset but I'm still getting charged extra?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is a slight delay in the message, so when you switched off your data, you were probably too late already, Allyson. You might consider switching to one of Koodo's newer plans - they offer shock free data, meaning you will never accidentally go over again!
That is what I have it's supposed to turn off as soon as I run out
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allyson Leiper wrote:

Oh I see! Did you reply "yes" by any chance, or change the notifications in self service? If you untick "yes" to notifications, that means you allow data overage and it isn't too clear (something the Mobile Masters have asked Koodo to change the wording, so it becomes clear what the consequences are). 

How much did you go over / were you charged btw?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allyson Leiper wrote:

Looks like all the notifications are set properly, and data was blocked at 100% (Thanks for helping go through the proper checks Sophia!).. This one stumps me too at the moment. Allyson, can you shoot us a private message on Facebook? One of our agents will help look into this with you and if indeed it's an error, we'll help correct it. 
Allyson Leiper wrote:

I got Data roaming charge 5.0 $ for data I never used ,even my data roaming was off when I cross the boarder to Michighan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allyson Leiper wrote:

A $5 fee usually applies to Text messages sent. Might you have sent a text while connected to a tower in the USA, either before or after crossing the border?  Remember, radio waves do not respect imaginary lines drawn on a map.