Koodo Community

Community

Solved

If I pay off my phone can I get the one that I want for free?

I would like to pay off my phone so I can get a new one, but it's before my upgrade so do I have to pay for the iPhone 6 for example? Or can I get it for free because it's been 2 years with the iPhone 4s and I'll also pay it off.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Julia!

You can pay off your tab at anytime to then get a new tab with a new phone! You will be able to take either 360$ or 504$ off the price of a phone and put towards the tab. The tab amount will then be split into 24 monthly payments that will be added to your monthly plan.
So even if I wait till my upgrade or pay it off I won't be able to get the iPhone 6 for free because it's not $0 down, right?
Userlevel 7
Julia Tsaveli wrote:

So even if I wait till my upgrade or pay it off I won't be able to get the iPhone 6 for free beca...

Exactly. If you want a cost estimate for the iPhone 6, let me know your remaining tab balance and current plan cost before taxes.
Userlevel 7
Julia Tsaveli wrote:

So even if I wait till my upgrade or pay it off I won't be able to get the iPhone 6 for free beca...

There's no particular point at which koodo automatically hands you a phone for free. Those days are gone. You can upgrade at anytime simply by paying off what you owe on your current phone and starting a new tab for a new phone. The payments for the new phone will be as Mathieu described.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Julia Tsaveli wrote:

To expand on no free phones, th subsidy is basically gone now too. The tab is basically a no interest loan now. The difference between the outright and tab price nowadays is anywhere from 0-50 dollars. Atm the iPhone 6 on tab has a 24 dollar subsidy.
Userlevel 7
Julia Tsaveli wrote:

Thanks for the new information Goran!