Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I was given an iphone5 S as a gift and I was wondering what the steps are to transfer my current Koodo plan/number to the new phone?

I was given an iphone5 S as a.gift and I was wondering what the steps are to transfer my current Koodo plan/number to the new phone? The iphone is currently deactivated and Rogers is the carrier I believe. I was told that I need to get a nano-SIM card, somehow transfer the information to the card, re-activate the iphone and insert the SIM-card.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Congrats on the new phone 🙂 You are right about getting the nano SIM and then in self service, all you need to do is activate the number on the SIM. That couldn't be simpler - even I have managed to do it 😃 However you may need to ask your friend to contact Rogers to unlock the phone, or you can look for a third party unlock code. I could be mistaken but I don't think Koodo can unlock your phone for you so that may prove to be the hardest part 🙂
Thank you for the reply Sophia, I have a follow-up question though. Would you know if any Rogers and/or Koodo stores/Kiosks can help unlock the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul Holowack wrote:

Thank you for the reply Sophia, I have a follow-up question though. Would you know if any Roge...

No Koodo kiosk can unlock a Rogers iPhone. Rogers doesn't do unlocking in store. You need to be a customer and have the phone active on your account for 90 days in order for them to unlock your iPhone for $50. Sounds like you'll have to get your unlock done via 3rd party. For iPhones, I've used www.daxgsm.com. They charge $65 for a Rogers iPhone.