Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to switch from Telus to Koodo with my phone.

I have been a loyal telus customer for several years, and before always made payments on time. As of losing a job before going back to school, telus has been no help to me, I have constantly over and over explained my situation to them, and hoping they would value that I have stuck with them for several years, left and came back for several more they would want to help me out by any way they can to keep me. Was I wrong. They make me pay astronomical phone bills, and then harrass me because I can't afford what they make me pay, when my payment is late. I have to eat and I am going into my hardest last two semesters of my studying and they still won't set me up with a better cheaper more affordable plan. I want to leave, I do have outstanding fees, but I don't want to give them that money because I feel they don't deserve it. I have given them well over 1500$ in the last year.... which is way too much for a student. I want to bring my phone over as well because its new. It's asking alot but your phone plans are more affordable for someone like me.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry to hear about your situation, Arrielle. Best thing to do is go to a Koodo kiosk and see if they can sign you up with a plan. If all else fails, Koodo prepaid is pretty awesome (I use it myself) and you will never be denied, nor run up large bills. Good luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to keep your number, make sure you dont cancel your plan first.  Just bring to Koodo and they will handle any cancellations requoired for porting your number over.

Also since it is a Telus iPhone, it should work on Koodo.  Note that if you have a phone subsidy (which most people do), that when you refuse to pay your final bill plus the remaining subsidy on the phone, they may report your phone stolen and it will be blacklisted for use in Canada
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"I do have outstanding fees, but I don't want to give them that money because I feel they don't deserve it."
 - You have to make some payment plan with them. If you just ignore those fee/bill, then they could send it to collection and hurt your credit rating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

"I do have outstanding fees, but I don't want to give them that money because I feel they don't d...

Thanks Mayumi, yes I forgot to mention that changing to Koodo will not eliminate the outstanding fees with Telus, plus the risk of an additional penalty for breach of contract... That's something Arielle will indeed need to look into.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Going with Koodo pre-paid is probably your best bet on a cash-flow basis, but whether you go to Koodo or another carrier, make sure to settle with Telus. All of the Telcos feed their transactions to the credit reporting agencies:

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I cancelled my tablet I don't use which costed me 30$ a month, so that put my bill down some more. Currently looking at other companies and options for what to do. Thinking of maybe cancelling my contract and unlocking my phone and going else where and setting up a payment plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Arrielle Brown wrote:

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I cancelled my tablet I don't use which costed me 30$ a month, so that put...

I recommend you review the content at  this link.