Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want to part with Koodo forever. I am a monthly customer. What is the best way to change provider saving the number

9 replies

Userlevel 4
go to your new provider and ask them to port your number. they'll do the rest
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jay Why wrote:

go to your new provider and ask them to port your number. they'll do the rest

Don't cancel your Koodo account or you will lose your number. It has to be active for porting to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sur you do not close your old account yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Nina, yo just recently switched to a newer plan of our. We've been together for long. What did we do that you want to break up now?
Hello Bernard!
I am a faithful person but my patience with Koodo came to the end.
 Every time when I came to a Koodo office (far from me and I don't drive) to complain I was offered to buy a new phone and promised that things will be much better. Last time it was 1.5 years ago and I am still paying the tab for that i-phone.
 Problems with the phone and the provider:
1.Touch screen often doesn't work
2.Data is on but it shows "Internet not available" almost every day. Koodo community suggested 'reset' and it works but is very annoying
3.Sound disappears in the middle of listening to podcasts and books.
4.Sometimes it doesn't ring and I only see 'missed calls' on the screen.
5. After just three months I started having charging issues: losing it fast even if I don't use the phone
6. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE - IMPORTANT EMERGENCY MESSAGES NOT DELIVERED!
7. I bought travel adds-on three times for the US, for Europe and South America and I got in trouble because my messages did not go through or were delivered late.
I think enough is enough. Tell me what should I do to get out without even more disappointment?
 Thanks
Nina

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nina Krakovna wrote:

Hello Bernard!
I am a faithful person but my patience with Koodo came to the end.
 Every tim...

Sorry to hear about all those problems, but most of those seem to be related to the phone and not Koodo's service. Touch screen not working and being able to fix a problem by resetting has nothing to do with your cell provider. Apple designs and manufactures your hardware and sell the same gear to Bell, Rogers and whoever else needs it to be competitive.

I don't work for Koodo, have no stock in the company and have been quick to criticize when things are wrong on their part. Roaming packages seem to be a common magnet for complaints.

From what you are telling us, if you keep the same flaky phone and switch provider, you will most likely continue to have the same problems. Bell/Virgin and Telus/Koodo/PublicMobile share many of the same towers, so you will just be playing a shell game by switching within those groups unless you repair or replace the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Nina, as Bob mentioned it, we have zero control over the quality of products mobile phone manufactures produce. We are simply, like everyone else, buy them and provide it to the public. Of course standard warranty is always provided and we facilitate the repair of all phones by sending them to the Original Equipment Manufacturers. As you mentioned your iPhone is now over a 1.5 years old so the warranty would no longer be applicable. You can certainly take into an Apple store and inquire what they would could help you with.

Yo are right, that you still have a few more months paying for the phone as at the time of purchasing you preferred to pay it back on a monthly basis. Not sure why your travel add-ons didn't work. We have agreements we the exact same carriers as everyone less around the world.  

Nina, if you feel we din't serve you well and want out, I'd be disappointed, but would understand. Unlike others we don't lock people into contracts and as long as you pay off your outstanding amount for your phone you could certainly decide to choose another provider. Hoping you will reconsider though. Thanks for your feedback! 
Hello Bernard!
I've paid my tab for this flaky phone I bought from Koodo and I will pay my monthly bill on August 5th - the end of my billing period.
However,  I think it would be only fair if Koodo  doesn't include into my bill $15 for roaming charges that DID NOT work when I was messaging our guide in Bolivia on July 24th asking for help in emergency situation. It did not work in Lima. Peru either when I was messaging my host there on July 20th.
 Thanks
Nina

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nina Krakovna wrote:

Hello Bernard!
I've paid my tab for this flaky phone I bought from Koodo and I will pay my monthl...

Not sure what happened, but there are text messages that were sent on those days you mentioned, unfortunately we can't tell if they were delivered as we do not own the network in Bolivia.

Sounds like you maybe ready to upgrade your phone, we do have various promotions on a number of them, we could certainly help choose from one them.