Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I've turned off iMessages and am now recieving NO texts from iPhone users..help!?

I just got an iPhone and am confused on how to recieve JUST SMS texts. I have turned off iMessages because it uses up my data, but now I don't recieve any texts from friends using iPhones. They all just end up on my iPad since it is also synced to iMessages and uses wi-FI. How do I completely stop iMessages and receive only SMS texts?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll need to shut off imessage on all devices registered with your apple id.
Userlevel 1
You could also inform your friends to stop imessaging you, depending on how many they are. But disabling is a better bet
Userlevel 7
Or get a different phone. Stupid iStuff. This issue pops up a few times a week, I swear
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Or get a different phone. Stupid iStuff. This issue pops up a few times a week, I swear

Meh. It can be useful if you live in the i-universe
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Yeah that's fine. It's just outrageously expensive. They're fast and smooth devices and work well so I give them that but I can't justify the Apple tax.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

"Apple tax" isn't very big on iPhones. It's $19 more to buy an iPhone 5S than a Galaxy S4, Nokia Lumia 1020, or a BlackBerry Q10 (seriously, how's a Q10 still selling for $700?). I realize that Koodo just dropped the S4 price, but the other carriers have not. It's not like the "Apple tax" with their Mac computers where they ask for 20-70% more than a comparable Windows PC.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm talking about subsidies/eligible plans, not retail. Koodo adjusts retail prices so their subsidy and plan structure is unique compared to other carriers.