Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I upgraded with tab medium, but did not get $8 tab medium discount

koodomobile.com was offering $8 discount on plans if I ordered a phone with tab medium. So, I just ordered an iPhone SE with tab medium. But, I do not see a $8 discount applied to my account.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yoi need to select one of the new plans in order to get the rebate
Robert wrote:

When I went to change my plan, it does not show anymore the discount with any of the available plans.
Robert wrote:

I changed to the $35 plan and got $8 discount! So, my plan now is $27/mo!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Happy to see everything worked out well!
Userlevel 6
Holy hell those Quebec plans are cheap!
Userlevel 6
Hey H,
The $8/month is a bill credit for 24 months, it is not a tab charge. You will see it on your next bill. PS those are pretty sweet rate plans.
Userlevel 2
Wow, why are Quebec plans so cheap in comparison to Ontario!
Userlevel 6
Amanda wrote:

Wow, why are Quebec plans so cheap in comparison to Ontario!

For competitive reasons, there is a regional carrier in Quebec.
Userlevel 6
Current plan wouldn't meet the tab requirements for tab medium in Québec...that means customer should have been required to change plans on the upgrade.
Perhaps a Koodo staff or Mobile Master could validate this?
On a side note, when a customer has a Québec billing address and a Québec area code phone number, they qualify for a region-specific plan. If you want better competition in Ontario, Alberta or British Columbia, support Freedom Mobile. If you want more competition in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick, support Eastlink and hopefully the big three will take these carriers seriously.
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

Current plan wouldn't meet the tab requirements for tab medium in Québec...that means customer sh...

The rate that Koodo offers are what the public has said that they deem fair. 

The issue with going with a minor provider such as Freedom or Eastlink, as compared to a major provider such as Koodo, is the lack of coverage and customer service.
Hope that helps!
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

Current plan wouldn't meet the tab requirements for tab medium in Québec...that means customer sh...

@Jru Gordon: I don't know to what extent the public has deamed as fair. Many consumers who don't know what they're doing and who are easily lured by incentives or shiny phones end up paying carriers for expensive plans, or incur other big expenses either in overages or roaming charges. Needless to say, cellphone subscribers in Toronto and Vancouver have paid off the big three's cellphone towers countless times over. Those who disagree with the big three's pricing seek alternative options. Although still under the big three, some go with Chatr or Public for cheaper plans with their Rest of Canada numbers, also seeing people in Toronto with Montreal cellphone numbers is becoming increasingly common, and some even resort to getting service from US or Mexican based carriers and roam in Canada.
I don't find Freedom Mobile to be all that cheap. Eastlink seems to have decent coverage in Nova Scotia, but their phones (aside a few flagships) are outdated. I would love to see those region-specific carriers pick up the pace. Would be cool to see Freedom Mobile partner with Rogers to co-own a 5G network. At this rate, Rogers may need Shaw's help to deploy.
Then again, my opinion carries no weight in the industry.