Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I recieved my new Koodo phone. I tried calling but was on the hold for over 35 minutes and got tired of waiting.

I recieved my new Koodo phone but I can't figure out to activate the sim card. I tried calling but was on the hold for over 35 minutes and got tired of waiting. How can I activate the sim card?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you on prepaid or postpaid?
Robert wrote:

Are you on prepaid or postpaid?

Postpaid and I am already a Koodo customer and I just wanted to change my phone. I have been unable to find out how to activate my SIM card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Mark, check your email you should receive an email with the activation info to set up self serve and activate the SIM Card if it's not already activated.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Mark, check your email you should receive an email with the activation info to set up self ser...

Hi, I already have a Koodo account and just upgraded phones but I can't figure out how to activate the new sim card. I tried calling Koodo but after 30 both times I gave up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Mark, check your email you should receive an email with the activation info to set up self ser...

If your old SIM Card from your old phone doesn't fit in the new phone then you need to call or message Koodo to activate the SIM Card right now as they're having issues with self serve and doing it through there.
Message Koodo on FB or Twitter by sending them a Private message is the quickest way Mark.

Thanks
Not sure what that means. But I get a monthly bill and I'm on $40 a month plan with a phone. So not sure what I need
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shawn Gallant wrote:

Not sure what that means. But I get a monthly bill and I'm on $40 a month plan with a phone. So n...

Did you try to see if the phone is already activated, pop in the SIM Card and try it out?
Is this your first phone on the line with koodo or just a new phone with koodo on an old line ? If it's just a new phone and you have an old one then if the other Koodo SIM from your old phone will fit then just swap the SIM Card from the old phone to the new one and away you go if it's the same sized SIM Card that is. If it's a different size and you don't have one of the perforated tri punch SIM cards you can sign into your self serve and activate the new card there. Or are you a brand new customer?
Shawn Gallant wrote:

Not sure what that means. But I get a monthly bill and I'm on $40 a month plan with a phone. So n...

Brand new customer. New phone number and everything so it should have cam with a SIM card in my opinion.
Shawn Gallant wrote:

I got this phone for my daughters birthday
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shawn Gallant wrote:

Oh you didn't receive a SIM Card with the phone? Yes it should have come with a SIM card, it's not already in the phone is it? If not I'd send Koodo a private message to their FB page or Twitter account where they can assist you. If you have a kiosk near you maybe you can pick one up and Koodo can reimburse you for it with a credit on your account or something I'm not sure how they would deal with it.