Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I recently got my iPhone 5s ,, and i have a plan like about $55 per mnth, i turned off my cellular data all the time , would they charge me

I don't really need the data on my phone , because i always use my home wifi .. I'm just afraid that they might charge me for turning it off ,, and is it unlimited calling when is 5pm ?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Only for data used (or leaked by background apps) before you turned off the cellular data. And doesn't the $55 plan include data? Note that in order to send/receive MMS (picture messaging), cellular data will need to be enabled.
Dennis wrote:

Only for data used (or leaked by background apps) before you turned off the cellular data. And...

Thank you 😃 Yes , $55 plan include , im just afraid to use it tho .. and Does going on Facebook and Snapchat takes much data usage ..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Only for data used (or leaked by background apps) before you turned off the cellular data. And...

You can keep track of your data use on your phone via Settings>Cellular. You just need to remember the reset it at the beginning of your monthly cycle. You can also track your data usage on your self serve app on your phone or you can login via webpage. Just note that there is usually a little bit of delay as the data usuage seems to update only a couple of times a day. When you notice that you are nearing you data limit you can turn off data at that point. You can also to make sure you use WIFI whenever it is available (home/school/work) so you can minimize your data use so you dont go over
Dennis wrote:

That is what I thought
Userlevel 7
If you don't really use data at all, You can go to settings>cellular>scroll down and disable whichever apps you want from using data. By doing this, for the occasional time you turn on data to send mms, your apps won't munch off of your data. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

If you don't really use data at all, You can go to settings>cellular>scroll down and disable whic...

If his iMessage is turned on, any data transmitted via iMessage does not count as MMS and therefore would be billable.
Daniel Kim wrote:

If you don't really use data at all, You can go to settings>cellular>scroll down and disable whic...

Thanks 🙂 ...
Daniel Kim wrote:

Thanks good to know