Koodo Community

Community

I picture message used 1gb data

My phone was off for a week. It was turned on and sent 1 picture message and now the data is locked and says data locked. I looked on my account and i had 4 text message and 1 picture message and its used 1gb data.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Smoke,

Sending MMS won't use data unless you send them through iMessage. considering the quality of the picture on an iPhone is quite high, it's still a lot of data for 4 pictures... Look into your phone's setting to see what consumed the data!
1 picture and 4 txt. How can i get this resoved
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

1 picture and 4 txt. How can i get this resoved

Sounds like data leakage while you used your phone breifly.

Go to Settings>Cellular and see what app was using your data.  Also make sure Wifi assist is off.
Actually on my android phone data is required to send and receive mms
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

Yes, you need data to be on to send MMS.  I think Robert meant that Koodo doesn't charge for data usage for MMS.

You need to check your setting as Dennis said. Your phone is using data as soon as you turn it on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

Data is required to be on, but sending the MMS does not count against your data cap.

However if any background data is on, then those apps using data will count against your cap
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion though because you identified the thread as being "iPhone" so that's why I suggest for an iPhone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
how much data did you use prior to turning your phone off?  What is your billing cycle dates?
None i just looked on my account
Actually its my wifes phone but now shes freaked out and has turned the phone off.
40mb since Nov 14 and 982 in one message yesterday
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

Check your phone to see what used the data.  It could be an app updating or a bunch of apps refrshing since it has been off for a week.
smoke skull wrote:

Ya i guess thats probably it. I am an Android guy and she bought a iphone for some reason. Women!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

Well, I'm an Android girl. lol

smoke skull wrote:

The only other thing is she only has a few apps so that seems like avredonk ammount of data for anything other than a complete os upgrade
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

MMS didn't use that much data.

I think she might let the Appstore to update her iphone apps automatically. However that 1GB was doubful. I would check your usage online and see what time the iphone used it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

Go to Settings > Cellular, and see the list of cellular data consumption there. It should give you some idea of what app(s) consumed data. You can reset the counter at the bottom of the screen.

Userlevel 1
you can check what program or programs used that data. doubt it is a mms.
So she was in mexico for a week and couldn't even bother to message me. She's an alcoholic lush and I have decided this isn't my problem. Her phone is a big secret so i doubt i would be allowed to look at it anyways. Going to a divorce lawyer asap. Sorry to have burdened anyone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smoke skull wrote:

So she was in mexico for a week and couldn't even bother to message me. She's an alcoholic lush a...

Oh no.  Sorry to hear.  If you have any other Koodo/Cell questions, feel free to come back to ask on the community