Koodo Community

Community

i Phone 6s 16GB. All colors should be provided. Please Make KOODO CUSTOMERS HAPPY by providing all the colors

WHY KOODO IS NOT MAKING THEIR CUSTOMERS HAPPY BY PROVIDING ALL THE COLORS IN NEW I PHONE 6S. WHAT KOODO IS OFFERING IS TWO COLORS. WHILE ALL OTHER PROVIDERS OFFER ALL THE FOUR COLORS. 

DEAR KOODO, KINDLY LET US KNOW WHY YOU ARE NOT PROVIDING ALL THE COLORS. NOW AS A KOODO CUSTOMER I AM STUCKED. I CANNOT BUY MY DESIRED COLOR NEW PHONE UNDER A PLAN. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Rajv,

You are always welcome to go buy which ever phone you want in whichever color option you want in an Apple Store. But honestly, once you add a bumper case to it rose gold/gold/silver are pretty much all the same thing...  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just to let you know but I think your cap lock is enabled on your PC
still the question remains unanswered. Why koodo is not providing all the colors when all the other players are providing.
Userlevel 7
Rajiv Kayarat wrote:

still the question remains unanswered. Why koodo is not providing all the colors when all the oth...

That's a great question. I always used this to my advantage when I worked at Glentel because we didn't have Telus or Koodo to sell.
Userlevel 7
We had a Q&A session with the CEO a year or 2 ago and he claimed that it's to help keep prices low for customers. To be honest, I don't buy that, because the plans are all basically the same between Koodo/Fido/Virgin. If he said it's to help keep costs lower for Koodo than that makes total sense. They really have no excuse why they don't carry certain colors or storage sizes. If they had cheaper plans or cheaper Tab prices, then I could understand but with the way it is now I really don't. Same goes for Samsung flagships.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't see this as an issue anymore, because Koodo isn't subsidizing your devices anymore. Whatever you get "off" the full price gets split by 24 and added to your bill over two years. And your phone remains locked unless you pay to unlock. I don't see any incentive to get an iPhone through Koodo vs. Apple under the current Tab system.
Ivan wrote:

I don't see this as an issue anymore, because Koodo isn't subsidizing your devices anymore. Whate...

Dear Ivan, You are correct. koodo is not subsidizing anymore. But for poor people like me, we prefer to go on a plan so that we can pay it with 24 months time. But right now since they don't offer all colors, we cannot buy a phone which we like.
Userlevel 5
Ivan wrote:

I don't see this as an issue anymore, because Koodo isn't subsidizing your devices anymore. Whate...

I think regardless, if you self insure or pay the premiums, the more inventory you carry, the higher your liability costs. So I would think, the tendacy would be, to carry the most popular/best sellers.
Which is of couse, a bummer for someone wanting other, than black or white. The same as offering only, right handed phones....haha
Ivan wrote:

Dear Steve,

If you think they carry the most popular / best sellers, then GOLD color is the one which is best sold in the market. GOLD color is the only I phone which has more resale value when you sell it. I am wondering why KOODO IS NOT OFFERING ALL THE COLORS.

You check with all other providers, they have all the colors. The cost of the plan is same as KOODO with their main competitors FIDO/VIRGIN.  In my opinion it is not a good business move.  I have talked to so many Koodo employees and they have the same opinion same like me.

Anyways, there is no point in discussing this point, as koodo is not bothered about these type of issues. Have a great day Steve. All the best
Userlevel 5
Dear Rajiv I agree with you. It makes sense to aleast match your competition, but for some reason they don't as far as phone colors are concerned. I see that you posted this issue as a "question". I think if you post, phone colors as an "idea" you may get more feed back discussion on this topic, which could lead Koodo to lable , more phone colors, as "under consideration" by Koodo. Koodo is always looking for Ideas to make itself better and this just maybe one of them, if posted in the Idea section.