Koodo Community
Solved

I phone 11 not receiving texts from google pixel 3

• 20 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Transfered a number to my son and he got an Iphone 11.. Now its only mt text messages he doesnt recieve.. Same koodo network, just different ownership and phone.. The messages are actually going to the old phone that has no sim card… HELP!

icon

Best answer by Philosoraptor 20 August 2020, 03:11

You probably have the chat feature enabled in your messaging app on the Pixel. The chat feature works in a similar way to iMessage on iPhones. I have had this happen to me recently. Please check the settings within your messaging app.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Phones cannot receive text messages without a sim card. If they're going to the old phone they're being sent through some other instant messaging app, like imessage for iphone.

What models of phones are involved other than the iphone 11?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You probably have the chat feature enabled in your messaging app on the Pixel. The chat feature works in a similar way to iMessage on iPhones. I have had this happen to me recently. Please check the settings within your messaging app.

My phone that wont send the messages is a google pixel 3..  And it is sending them to a LGq6 which doesnt have a sim card anymore … I cant figure this out

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My phone that wont send the messages is a google pixel 3..  And it is sending them to a LGq6 which doesnt have a sim card anymore … I cant figure this out

Did you check the messaging app settings like @Philosoraptor said to do to turn off any chat feature and make sure it only sends SMS?

If you need further instructions, maybe you can post a sctreen shot of your messaging app settings.

Thank you! That worked. Wasn't even aware.  Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you! That worked. Wasn't even aware.  Cheers!

Glad to help! Someone's always here if you have any other issues in the future.