Koodo Community
Solved

I need to speak with a Rep!

As a new user (which I now regret), the data is already at halfway after less than a week. I don’t even use Data!  Usually I only look at things on my phone when I am at work as a Teacher or in my home where I have Wifi. If you guys cannot communicate to me on how to automatically connect to my Wifi everytime I use my phone, I am going back to FIDO! I have already spent hours and hours with you people to try to connect to Wifi and should NOT be charged for any data!

Please call me back!

icon

Best answer by Dinh 2 May 2020, 23:44

Koodo isn’t  the Wifi provider. A  Koodo rep might not know the settings of your wifi settings at all. I would suggest you check with IT personnel at your work place or your internet home provider. They might be able to provide correct settings for the phone.

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

" I have already spent hours and hours with you people to try to connect to Wifi"

So, your phone can can connect WIFI now?

How about setting for data connection or WIFI assist?

What phone and what plan do you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo isn’t  the Wifi provider. A  Koodo rep might not know the settings of your wifi settings at all. I would suggest you check with IT personnel at your work place or your internet home provider. They might be able to provide correct settings for the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to turn off your data and try to use WiFi? Does it work? 

If this a new phone from Koodo? Or did you bring this phone over from Fido? 

I am going to another company.i can get free data for Less money

I also can't ever speak to a representative regarding this issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I also can't ever speak to a representative regarding this issue

If you need more data, you could change your plan in selfserve. The available plan should show up there. If you ask a  rep to help you for something that you can do it yourself in selfserve, they might charge you $10 for it.

Can you share the carrier that offered you free data? is that unlimited data plan from Rogers/Telus/Bell? Those plans offer data at 512kb (2G speed) after you reach over your data amount. Unfortunately, Koodo doesn’t offer it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to port your number out, you don't have to talk to a rep.

Keep your Koodo account for now. And sign up with a provider you like. Once you set it up, you can port your number to your new provider.

Your Koodo account will be closed once porting is done

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are moving to another company, you dont need to contact Koodo,  just port your number over.

I will continue with my plan until I go to a Koodo stand

I will keep my plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I will keep my plan

You owe Koodo no loyalty.  If you see an offer for Free Data for less money i would jump on it if you got the chance.

If you want to port your number out, you don't have to talk to a rep.

Keep your Koodo account for now. And sign up with a provider you like. Once you set it up, you can port your number to your new provider.

Your Koodo account will be closed once porting is done

Not that easy sometimes as Koodo will put “Port Fraud Protection” on your number if you’re a postpaid customer…. You have to get that protection removed if you want to port your number to another provider or you could be in for a headache… The wife found that out the hard way, luckily we were able to keep her number after dealing with issues related to the port lock