Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I need to buy my way out of my contracr

I don't know how to find out how much it is to buy myself out of this contract. I currently have Aprox 7 more months Locked in w you guys, but I found a much better mobile provider for the same price! Please help.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Travis. All you have to do is pay off your tab and you can do that by using self serve and it will be added to your next and last bill. You must call in to cancel once you have done that. Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Hello Travis. All you have to do is pay off your tab and you can do that by using self serve and ...

Or, you can sign up with the new provider and port your current number. This will cause the closure of your account and will generate a final bill including any partial month charges, and the final amount of your Tab.

Userlevel 6
You could call Koodo at *611 from your phone or 1-866-995-6636 from any other phone.  I BELIEVE (haven't called in a while myself) that 1 of the options is get your account balance (how much your current bill is) and Tab balance (how much is left to buy out/upgrade your phone).  Then if you go to another provider and if you want to port (transfer) your number to that other provider, you'll get a final bill from Koodo for that Tab balance and any unpaid billing up to the day you port.
If you want to keep your number, DO NOT CANCEL KOODO BEFORE YOU SWITCH.  The carrier you're transferring your number to will notify Koodo you're cancelling.
just out of curiosity, what carrier are you switching to and what are they offering?  And do they provide the coverage you need?
Jru Gordon wrote:

You could call Koodo at *611 from your phone or 1-866-995-6636 from any other phone.  I BELI...

Thank you to you and everybody else. Will I use my minutes if calling *611 from my phone? Rogers is offering 500minutes, 500mb of data, plus everything else all inclusive for $60.00/month. They are giving me an LG 5 and right now I have an iPhone 4!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

You could call Koodo at *611 from your phone or 1-866-995-6636 from any other phone.  I BELI...

No you do not use minutes to call 611. What plan do you have now out of curiosity? That same plan outside of QC/SK/MB goes for 40 with Koodo. If you get the LG g5 on tab currently it's another 15 and that's 55 dollars a month. Or the 60 plan that has 4gb and 1000 minutes. Of course getting a phone on top will bring it to 75 plus tax, but you get 3.5gb more data. I believe Fido has similar plans with Koodo and the LG g5 for less on their tab system if you want to switch to the Rogers network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Yeah, to be fair the Koodo deal is better. And $60 plan will get you 4gb data. 
Userlevel 6
me and Chadwick pretty much posted at the same time, but pay attention to my 2nd paragraph if you want to keep your number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also see in your self-serve what your outstanding tab balance is. It will also show in your monthly bill how much you're paying monthly and how much is left on your tab.