Koodo Community
Question

I'm getting texts/emails from Koodo saying that I've run out of money in my Prepaid account... but it hasn't?

• 5 November 2016
  • 46 replies

Show first post

46 replies

We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Not fixed yet, I just received the same message detailed above today.  My account is still active, and the payment went through 5 days ago, and my phone works fine.  So heads up Koodo, the issue is not fixed yet.  Best of luck!
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Still not fixed! I just received the same email, even though I'm on automatic top up, and my payment, base plan purchase and 10% automatic discount were all recorded 5 days ago. After the payment, there's still enough left on my account balance to pay for another month. I also get a text every few months telling me "Your base plan expired on June 6 so you will not be able to use your phone." I've been ignoring the texts, but these messages concern me that Koodo might cut me off by mistake one of these days.
Userlevel 3
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Not fixed yet with me either.  Just received the email this afternoon and an SMS two days ago.  Logged into account and auto top and status are fine as well as a call to *611.  Judging by this thread this problem has been going on for over half a year!  Come on Koodo get your act together and resolve this!

Can somebody please flag/page somebody internal?  Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...We are looking into this folks. It was indeed fixed 2 months ago, but it seemed to have resurfaced for a few customers this past week. Thanks for the heads up! 
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...The exact same thing is happening to me now - email received today (as the screen shot above: "Either you've forgotten to top up...." and my account is the same - says active and indicates that my base plan expires on Sept 30, 2017 but I have the automatic top-ups activated. Seems like whatever happened 10 months ago is happening again. i am somewhat reassured by this thread and knowing this has happened before and appears to be a glitch, but would appreciate confirmation that everything will continue working as it has. Thanks!
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...same problem w/my account . 
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Same problem happening with me too.  I phoned customer service, and was on hold for almost an HOUR before a live person answered.  He says that there is a problem, and that I shouldn't worry about my phone service being cut off, and to disregard the messages.

However, last year Koodo did not take payment from my credit card for the automatic top up (said it was a glitch), and I did not receive any messages telling me so, and my service was cut off before I realized something was wrong.

So having been burned before, I took the time to phone in and verify that the problem is solely with Koodo sending incorrect messages.  My self-serve account shows that I'm Active, but receiving texts and emails saying otherwise, doesn't give me much confidence.

I do hope I don't receive another message telling me I have to pay...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...It seems a recurring problem, but the CS was quite correct - if your account shows as active and if you can use your phone (send/receive text messages), you won't be required to top up again until next month.
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Having same problem here.  Just posted the same question in french !
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...I am having exactly the same problem as well. Don't want my phone service cut off!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...You won't be cut off Stan. It looks some notifications were sent out in error. 
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...It's still happening Bernard. I received the same email this weekend despite my account being topped off and further credit in my account carried over due to over-payment.
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...this has been happening to me last couple days! I have a balance of 34$
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Like mentioned on other posts it seems to be another error. If everything checks out on self serve then ignore the message.
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...I just got the e-mail today as well. So even 1 year later I guess the problem still hasn't been fixed. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Well that's a shame. :-(  The problem was indeed fixed a year ago, but it looks like it resurfaced. Let me get the team look into it. 
Userlevel 1
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Greetings everyone !  I am the original Poster of the message from over a year ago.  

And today... the problem is baaaaack!  I received another email from koodo indicating that I've forgotten to put money to top up my account.  But I checked... and it's all good.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We are looking into this folks. As soon as we have something we'll share. Thanks for letting us k...Thanks Ron! I have gotten touch with the team to see why this has resurfaced again. I will have to kick some butts as I'm personally embarrassed we have to deal with this again.  

THANK YOU FOR SHARING
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
^^^^^SPAM^^^^^^