Koodo Community
Solved

I'm Getting a Data Charge When I Have Data Completely Turned Off

I just got a $5.00 data charge on my phone bill, for apparently using 0.027 MB of data. I have and have always had data turned off. I am using an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1. What gives? I don't want to pay $5 for some phantom data charge when I have used no data at all.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Right you are Joshua 🙂 But you'll need to call Koodo (*611) so they can process a refund... we're only volunteers here and don't have access to your account!
Userlevel 7
Did you recently sign up for Koodo? You could have used that data before you blocked it from your phone
Ahmad wrote:

Did you recently sign up for Koodo? You could have used that data before you blocked it from your...

No, I've had this phone for a while with the same plan, and I this is the first time I've received an illegitimate data charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Did you recently sign up for Koodo? You could have used that data before you blocked it from your...

Go to Settings>Cellular Is their anything under Cellular Data Usage? If not, take a screen shot as your evidence that you never used any data
Ahmad wrote:

It says 0 bytes for the current period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Also scroll down to show them when the stats were last reset. Just take a screen shot so you have some proof
They will probably adjust the account, as it is not a high charge. To ensure nothing like this happens in the future, consider a data block, or changing APN info so it doesnt happen again.
Userlevel 7
Robski808 wrote:

They will probably adjust the account, as it is not a high charge. To ensure nothing like this h...

Manually editing APN info isn't really possible on an iPhone (I'm assuming jailbreak can though)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robski808 wrote:

They will probably adjust the account, as it is not a high charge. To ensure nothing like this h...

Yes it can be edited with an app once jailbroken (tether me) Also it can be edited when the phone is unlocked ($35 with Koodo)
Robski808 wrote:

The phone is already unlocked.