Koodo Community

I live in Vancouver and have the prepaid unlimited data and talk plan. However I am in Toronto

• 21 August 2018
  • 7 replies

I live in Vancouver and have the prepaid unlimited data and talk plan. However I am in Toronto at the moment will I be charged more for using data and phone calls?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Would you still be able to make call or it won't work?
Badge +4
Dont think any of the prepaid plans come with unlimited data. Your unlimited talk plan is only for your home province. You can use what data you have anywhere in Canada. You will need a Canada wide talk booster for calling outside of your home province. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi Leanna,
I don't think Koodo has "unlimited data" plan. it properly was a prepaid unlimited talk plan+some data. Data is canada-wide so you don't have worry about it. However, minutes wasn't. Was it a province-wide or canada wide plan? If it is a province-wide then you minutes only  "[i]Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A Canada-wide Talk Booster Add-on is required to make or receive calls while you are outside your home province" https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans

I can make a call but Im wondering if I will be charged for roaming

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are on a prepaid plan, you need a Canada-wide Talk Booster Add-on. Otherwise you cannot make call.

Badge +4

If you have an unlimited province wide calling base plan you can make calls to anyone that has a number for the province you are in. If you are calling someone outside of the province you are in you will need a Canada wide calling booster. If you don't have that booster you won't be able to call someone outside of that province. The page below explains it near the bottom. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/prepaid-base-plans

ok that helps thank you:)