Koodo Community

Community

I live close to the border but have roaiming OFF yet I am continually being charged US roaming. How do I stop this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can't be charged for US roaming if you have switched off roaming on your phone, James. You better check the settings on your iPhone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

You can't be charged for US roaming if you have switched off roaming on your phone, James. You be...

It's not possible to close voice roaming as far as my knowledge goes. You can stop data roaming, but that will never sop voice romain unless you manually chose the network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I suspect that what you have done is to turn off data while roaming. The default setting on every phone is to automatically connect to the strongest signal. To stop an iphone from doing this you need to change the network mode to manual and select koodo. Be aware that every time you reboot the phone it will go back to automatic.
Thanks Timola, yes my data roaming was off but network selection was on auto.  Good to know though a nuisance for anyone near the border particularly when Koodo hits us with an automatic $5 charge with zero data or any other US usage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James Quinn wrote:

Thanks Timola, yes my data roaming was off but network selection was on auto.  Good to know ...

@ James, does your number end with 18? I looked at your account going back past 3 months and don't see these "ghost" charges for roaming. Do yo have another account with us? 
James Quinn wrote:

Thanks Timola, yes my data roaming was off but network selection was on auto.  Good to know ...

Yes it does. I called in June when the charge showed up and it was cancelled. Will the present charge also be cancelled?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James Quinn wrote:

I will look after it James.