Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I just bought a CPO iPhone and the price went down...

... and it's within the 15 days. Can I get a price adjustment?

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which model and how much did you pay?
Did you buy it outright or on the Tab?
I bought a 6S Plus. I believe it was $375 on Tab Medium and now it's $300. It is also $100 cheaper if bought outright. Can someone at Koodo look into this and help me out?
Hello Koodo????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Poor.

I believe you'd better ask directly in store. I don't have the answer personally, but I'm sure they wiill credit you yhe amount. If not, just return the phone and buy a new one. It's more of a hassle for them and you, but you'll eventually get what you want.
Koodo????

So can anybody help me?  3 days and still no response even though I see staffers responding to other posts???  JD Power award for customer service????  I don't see it 😞

I had to call *611 today and the guy on the phone almost made me go into a store to do a refund on an "online only" phone and re-purchase it.  However, if I return the phone, it would not be aloud to be re-sold over the counter and I would have lost that handset due to protocols (according to the supervisor)!?!?  And if I lived and hour away from the nearest Koodo, this would have been an even bigger waste of time and money and really upset this 8+year customer!!!

This seems a bit backwards and I'm not happy!!!

Fix Up Koodo!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

So can anybody help me?  3 days and still no response even though I see staffers ...

I will ask someone at Koodo for you. I know that it's frustrating and I'm sorry about the hassle.
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

So can anybody help me?  3 days and still no response even though I see staffers ...

They want us to "find the answer in the Koodo Community" yet nobody from Koodo is there.

And then they want to "charge us" to make certain changes to our account when we do call in?

If you don't want us to call, maybe a "Live Chat" feature or have someone moderating during regular business hours???

I have now spent more time then I wanted to dealing with this so frustrating is an understatement!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

Hi Rich - we do honour price-adjustments if the price of your device drops within 15-days of purchase. Where did you make your purchase? We'll need to validate your account and I'm unable to locate based on your user profile used for this community. Would you mind sending us a private message on Facebook - this way we'll authenticate your account and share next steps on how to get the difference credited back to you.

Second, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Although official reps do frequent the community regularly, it's heavily peer-to-peer. So based on Mayumi and Roberts responses, this conversation may have been missed considering someone had gotten back to your original post.
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

Yet my post does not have the "Answered" tag attached to it so that's not it.

As mentioned above, it was purchased online as an "Online Only" sale.  My old account should have a link to the the new account.  I don't want to use Facebook to deal with this and I really want this posted on here so that other Koodo customers can "Find the Answer on the Koodo Community" when they are looking for it.

My last 4 digits are 7310
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

More than happy to keep the conversation on here for the same reason.

Would you mind disclosing the full name the account is under? Your user profile only shows the first letter of your last name and unfortunately I need the full name in order to search for you. We can mask it once you've shared for privacy, if you'd like.
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

R****** *****

and yes mask!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

Got it - let me look into this and I'll report back.
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

Hey Rich - I found your account and have reached out to our web store team to confirm exactly how to get the credit applied/what steps need to be followed. I'm hoping to have an answer this afternoon. Timing-wise you're good as it looks like the new tab took effect on Oct. 8, so we'll make sure this gets resolved within the 15-day window.
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

OK Ranjan but this should be rectified today and I shouldn't have to wait to get this resolved within the 15-day window (a CSR on the phone said I have 30 days due to an online purchase?).

However I do NOT want a credit (although some sort of credit will be welcomed for my headache in this ordeal and for the time I've spent dealing with this matter).  I want the difference refunded back onto my original method of payment, my credit card, the way price adjustments should be done.

I am also assuming that I won't get a response back till after 3pm EST due to the web store not being open?  I don't want to call the 1-800 number as that will waste my minutes and more of my time trying to contact Koodo in the many ways that I did already regarding this issue.

It shouldn't be this difficult!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

Good news Rich - we can get this resolved for you today.

Unfortunately, we can't issue a refund to your card for the difference due to security measures. If that's the only resolution in your mind, then unfortunately you'll have to follow the formal return process to initiate a return, send back the current phone, and you can place a new order (once the current phone has been received by the warehouse).

What we [i]can do is apply a credit directly to your tab, which reduces the remaining balance that you owe by the same amount as the cost difference, OR apply a credit directly to your account to go towards your monthly bill. The amount you get back is the same no matter how you slice it.

Let me know what you prefer. If you're aligned with one of the credit options I can get that sorted this afternoon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

Rich, I'd suggest you take the 2nd option as it's much more similar to your desired resolution.

Returning the device to repurchase it would be a huge hassle.
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

Thank you Ranjan.

But sending back my phone seems like a ridiculous step to take in order to get the difference back.  What if, in the time I go through the return process, the phone I want is sold out and by the time my returned phone goes through the refurbishing process, the sale is no longer active?  It just seems like an inconvenience to both parties including time and money.  This wouldn't be any issue in any retail environment, so I don't see why this is any different?

Another solution could be to refund me the entire purchase made on Oct. 8th and re-sell to me the exact same device at the brand new price today.  We can pretend I shipped it back and Koodo can pretend they shipped me the exact same device back out.  It can be done automatically or I can call Koodo again today and do this on the phone.

I am trying to help come up with a solution so will this work?

@Ivan - this whole thing has been a huge hassle... I've been waiting 3 days to get this sorted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

Hello Rich.

[b]What we [i]can do is apply a credit directly to your tab, which reduces the remaining balance that you owe by the same amount as the cost difference, OR apply a credit directly to your account to go towards your monthly bill. The amount you get back is the same no matter how you slice it.

[b]This is what the 2nd option is. I find it easy and it doesn't cause any hassle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

I can appreciate you trying to trouble-shoot a resolution with us, Rich.

Fully get the complexities of having to return the phone only to repurchase, or worse, not being able to purchase it back due to availability of stock and the promotional price changing, etc. It would indeed be an inconvenience for you and something we're hoping to avoid - this is why you have the option of getting back the difference by other means (tab or bill credit for the full amount).
Is there any particular reason this can't work for you?

You mentioned earlier that a price adjustment at the store level refunds the amount back to the users card - which is correct. Unfortunately with this being an online order, the process is more complicated given security requirements, so we're proposing a work-around that would hopefully save you time and effort, and in the end gets you the same outcome.. just through a different method.
Poor Rich wrote:

Koodo????

The same thing just happened to me! I just purchased an iPhone SE for $220 with medium tab. They are being offered for $0 right now with medium tab. I only bought this phone 1 week ago
Ok Ranjan,

The reason I want it refunded back to my Visa is I can't pay off my Visa with credit from Koodo.  Visa charges interest where Koodo does not.  If I call the Web Store's 1-800 number, would they be able to refund me the difference?

If not, I now have to choose an option that I don't want.  With that being said, I will reluctantly choose to reduce my Tab balance with the price difference +tax.  And is it possible to provide me with a breakdown either posted here or via email?

There really needs to be a better way for this to work in the future.  Forcing customers, myself going on 8+ years, through this headache of getting a price adjustment for something I bought on your website and also not offering them something for their frustrations is kind of silly.  From posting, to phoning and back to posting after waiting 3 days to finally get someone to read my post after bumping a few times is also very faulty in terms of customer service.  I'm looking forward to the next "survey request" as this whole process was very unpleasant and I did not "Choose Happy".

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Poor Rich wrote:

Ok Ranjan,

The reason I want it refunded back to my Visa is I can't pay off my Visa with credit ...

Understood. In that case I would recommend taking the bill credit over the tab credit.

If you take the tab credit, it reduces the overall tab amount by $75+tax. You still pay the same amount every month, but do pay the tab off sooner, which will ultimately reduce your bill by the monthly tab amount once paid off.

By taking the bill credit, it will be reflected on your next bill (and until the credit is depleted), meaning you can take the money you would have paid towards your Koodo bill and put it towards your credit card payment.

If this works for you, I can have the team apply the credit right away. Or if you still prefer the tab credit, we can go that route as well - just let me know.

Unfortunately, calling the web store number will result in the same options being presented to you. The only way to get a refund direct to your card at this point is by completing a return.

We do strive to ensure issues like yours are addressed in a timely manner through the community, and I apologize on behalf of the team for letting this sit for longer than it should have. Hoping the solution proposed above will work for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If paying your visa bill for the purchase of the phone is your primary concern, take the bill credit and use the money that you don't pay for your phone service to pay the visa bill. (ignoring the matter of whose fault it would be if you actually bought a phone which you could not afford to pay for). Otherwise take the tab credit and spend a few months less paying off the phone. Much like a multiple choice test you have been provided with the available options. Your choice now is to take it or leave it. You do not have the option of writing in your own answer.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If paying your visa bill for the purchase of the phone is your primary concern, take the bill cre...

Bein able to afford my phone is none of your concern and I'm speaking here in terms of principal. Nowhere did I mention about not being able afford this device (of which I can) so leave it to the myself and the Koodo rep to deal with it. No need to chime in when I already commenced a conversation with a professional. Koodo, you make this guy Timo a master yet he has to go and assume that I cant afford this? Absolute disrespect!