Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have tried and tried and tried, and I cannot get my sim card to be active! AHHHHHHH

I just got my new plan with Koodo (Using my old telus iPhone, as the customer service agent said that it wouldn't have to be unlocked) however, I cannot get the sim card to activate!  This is frustrating to say at the very least.  At the most one could say that telecommunications in Canada are perhaps the bain of my existence!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Where are you trying to activate the sim? When the rep gave you the sim wasn't it active already? What have you tried so far?
restoring, resetting, putting in the right carrier information, but I don't have the spots to change the mms information, just the new APN

Userlevel 7
Chelsea7646 wrote:

restoring, resetting, putting in the right carrier information, but I don't have the spots to cha...

Which iphone do you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chelsea7646 wrote:

restoring, resetting, putting in the right carrier information, but I don't have the spots to cha...

Faulty SIM cards, even when new, are not unheard of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chelsea7646 wrote:

My guess would be faulty SIM. Do you get an error when entering the SIM card # in Self Serve?
Badge +4
My guess would be that it has something to do with provisioning and getting the proper carrier update settings through iTunes, particularly if it's an iPhone 4 or 4s.

See: iPhone - How do I activate my iPhone?
http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add...