Koodo Community
Solved

I have easy roam but can't use any data or make any calls

• 7 November 2021
  • 7 replies

I signed up for easy roam US and since getting here, I am not able to use any data or make any calls. I can send SMS messages sometimes, but I am not able to send any iMessages or search things on the web. Do I need to do anything in settings to make this work? 

icon

Best answer by ShaeBae5000 7 November 2021, 23:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed your Koodo plan includes data. Did you enable data roaming or have the apn set to Koodo in the phone?

I would recommend you try to reset network settings and see if it helps.

Yes it includes data and I haven’t turned on data roaming.. so that’s my issue?? My network selection is automatic so it is picking up ones down here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it includes data and I haven’t turned on data roaming.. so that’s my issue?? My network selection is automatic so it is picking up ones down here. 

Yes, you need to enable data roaming.

Try to reset the network settings,it should help as you already could send sms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you can send sms, I'm surprised you can't make or receive calls. Are you sure regular phone calling is not working as well? 

It is working now! Just needed to turn on the roaming and reset network settings. Thank you everyone!!!

how do you reset network settings?  going to the US tomorrow and have added easy roam.  Assume I will get a notification when I get there and just need to turn on roaming.  What about mobile data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

how do you reset network settings?  going to the US tomorrow and have added easy roam.  Assume I will get a notification when I get there and just need to turn on roaming.  What about mobile data?

It depends on your phone. 

But usually it is in Settings and under the same are you can complete a full factory reset.

As long as you have Easy Roam and roaming and data roaming enabled on your phone, it should work.

Restating your phone also helps if you are having initial connection issues when trying to get on a Roaming network