Koodo Community

Community

I have been charged for data on my phone and I haven't been able to use data. Why am I being charges and how can I reverse these charges?

charges

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you checked page 3 of your invoice, Kay? What exactly does it say the charge is for? What phone do you have and how did you disable data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you on a Shock Free Data plan and you were charged data? If that's the case, then something might've went wrong.

Check p.3 of your bill so we can help you out more.
I was having trouble with my phone when trying to get Google Maps to work when I was on a trip. Suddenly I saw a strange code on my phone I did know what it was H+. Then I noticed that for a while I had switched Data on, thinking this would get the map to work..but it didn't and I forgot to turn off the Data. Now I have a $5 charge. I was shocked and very disappointed to see this, thinking that I had a safety measure on my phone to alert me when I was reaching my limit on data. But nothing happened. I rarely use Data so am confused. Can I get this charge reversed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Moira Glover-Trus wrote:

I was having trouble with my phone when trying to get Google Maps to work when I was on a trip. S...

Does your plan come with data normally? If not then there is no warning since anytime you turn on data, you will be charged for its use. It sounds like you turned on data and your phone used data, and you were charged accordingly. If you do have a plan with data, then yes your data will be stopped when you reach your limit and you will get a text to Re-enable data for a fee
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Moira Glover-Trus wrote:

I was having trouble with my phone when trying to get Google Maps to work when I was on a trip. S...

Google maps requires data, either Wi-Fi or cellular.
Moira Glover-Trus wrote:

I have only a limited amount of data and I have no idea how much is required to do things so I rarely turn it on. I was lost and hoped that if I turned it on for a while google maps would help locate where I needed to go. It DID NOT WORK and I was charged for an overcharge for using the data. If I am only allowed 2.2 whatevers of data and I used 2.3 why was there not a warning of the possible overage?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Moira Glover-Trus wrote:

@Moira: What plan are you on now? Are you sure your plan includes data?

With SFD, as many mentioned, your data should stop when you reach the data limit. You would have to text Koodo to unpause data.

However, if you plan didn't include any data, when you turn on data in your phone, you are using payperuse rate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Moira Glover-Trus wrote:

You can see the details of your plan by logging into your self serve
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Moira Glover-Trus wrote:

It is always useful to understand how something works before needing it in a stressful situation. Once you have the data thing addressed, you should try using your phone on data and with maps, so you better understand should you need it again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Moira Glover-Trus wrote:

To add to that, I would try on wifi first