Koodo Community

Community

Solved

i have a tab balance -65.95. so why have a negative? is that bad?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi hello,

A negative tab balance means that you have not yet finished paying off the tab. Depending on the plan you have, you are either paying a monthly tab fee or getting a Koodo tab contribution that is made to pay off this tab. 

This number only really matters if you are looking to switch from Koodo and cancel your account. If you want to close your account, you just have to pay the remaining Tab balance and your all set.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

A negative tab balance means that you have not yet finished paying off the tab. Depend...

Or if you want to upgrade to a new device or change to one of the new plans if your on a grandfathered plan then you'd also need to pay off the tab balance that's still owing on your phone.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

A negative tab balance means that you have not yet finished paying off the tab. Depend...

Are you telling me Im still owning over 300 $ for a Moto 4 phone that I've had for almost a year?. This phone is half of that.!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

Roger, does the tab say -$300 or +$300? If it's negative then yes, you owe $300 still. Unfortunately phones are advertised as "free" where in a sense they are free but you pay for them on a 2 year tab. By the sounds of it you are on a Tab Large in which you pay $21/month for the phone. On the other hand, if it is a +$300 then you have a $300 credit on your account!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

A Tab Large ($504) at 10 months in would still have $294 owing, and declines by $21 / month.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

Thank you. I did not realize that it was spread out over 2 yrs. My tab charge is 15 extra $ a month is what I am getting from my bill. A total of 315$ left on my closing tab. I'm assuming now that it's going to take me another 2yrs to pay off this phone that does the ghost screens. Wish that teenager from bestbuy told me before I signed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

At $15 per month you have 21 months left, however, the longest a TAB can last is 24 months. When did you buy the phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

The most it can be is 2 years from the date you bought your phone. Also, if its been 90 days you can pay off the rest of your tab anytime you want by logging into self serve and it will be charged to your next bill. Its unfortunate that employees advertise the phones as free as it is sort of a false statement when you look at the big picture. Sorry this happened and best of luck!
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

Ya, someone spiked my water bottle when I bought this phone. It was 400$. Wow. What was I thinking. Bought in October 2016. Oh well. Live and learn. Will definitely try to contact Motorola about ghost screens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

You are about 4 months into a 24 month payment plan of $360, so $315 is exactly right.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

Thx David. Guess I'm stuck with it. My bad for not looking at details. Would never have spent 400$ on a phone. Will have to find out about ghost screens and play slot more with this mini computer. Also spend afew more bucks on screen saver and a bullet proof case
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi hello,

If it is a warranty issue, the manufacturer should repair the phone. Don't stop digging into a solution.

If it's any consolation, some folks would be into a much more expensive replacement.......