Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have 5s A1530- only 3g no lte or 4G

I have 5s -A1530 factory unlocked from india.. Network setting restored all ready...lte enebled from settings but still it shows 3g only whats the problem..:

8 replies

Are you in an area that supports LTE?
KaneSlavik wrote:

Are you in an area that supports LTE?

Yes i am my wife using 4g on her S4..
Userlevel 1
I had the same problem with an iPhone 5 that was factory unlocked from Korea, and unfortunately, I was not getting any LTE even though I am in an area that does get it as I am getting LTE on my 5c right now. If it happens to be an issue with the antenna, which it sounds like it just might be, then your really not going to be able to get it repaired easily. What happened to me, and what might happen to you as well, is that Apple told me that since the phone originally came from Korea, India in your case, they would need to send the phone back to the original country the phone was from and then send it back there once it is repaired. They say that that country, or someone you may know from that country, would need to then send it back to you. You might just be better off buying a 5s from Koodo using your TAB then in trying to get Apple to be able to do anything for you regarding a possible repair.
Al Robidoux wrote:

I had the same problem with an iPhone 5 that was factory unlocked from Korea, and unfortunately, ...

Basically... Mission impossible 4 me right...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Model A1530 unfortuately does not support the LTE wirelessbands required in Canada. In Canada you need LTE Band 4. For Koodo, specifically the 1700/2100 part of LTE Band 4 AWS
Dennis wrote:

Model A1530 unfortuately does not support the LTE wirelessbands required in Canada. In Canada ...

It there any way to fix this...or just change the fon...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Model A1530 unfortuately does not support the LTE wirelessbands required in Canada. In Canada ...

It's hardware. Wrong model for canada. If you had a Canadian model it would work
Dennis wrote:

