Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I didn't even use my phone and you keep charging me for using extra data

last 2 months I have been charged for using extra data which I did not even use my phone on that day. how can I know what exactly used my data for? this is very frustrated to me and I need to fix this or I am going to change the company. this is ridiculous and I can not accept this. please message me back as soon as possible thank you 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was your data turned on on those days? Data can be used even if you arenr using your phone. The o ly way to tell what apps used what would be to check your data usage on your phone. On an iPhone, unless regularily reset, will show your usage from ever since you got the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there,

this is very frustrated to me and I need to fix this or I am going to change the company. this is ridiculous and I can not accept this

Changing company will not change the fact that your phone will still use data if you don't know how to set it up properly.
Badge +4
Do you have Wi-Fi Assist enabled? Disabling this feature will prevent your iPhone from automatically switching to and using cellular data. Go to Settings > Cellular. Scroll down and tap the slider for Wi-Fi Assist.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205296
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Inhye, looks like you found the best solution and switched to one of our shock-free-data plans yesterday. Data use on these plans are blocked once you reach your monthly allotment so you will never go over unless you want to.