Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I can only send/receive picture messages from other iPhones, not from a Samsung

I can only send (and receive) picture messages to friends with iPhones, not to friends with Samsung's. My son has an iPhone and it works for him so I am not sure what the problem is with mine. My phone was unlocked using a sim, not sure if that's a problem. Any thoughts?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Brenda... Make sure all the settings are the correct ones... Here is the link to set up your data and mms on Non-Koodo devices... Hope this helps... http://koodomobile.com/en/ab/non-koodo-phone-data-setup.shtml
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there Brenda... Make sure all the settings are the correct ones... Here is the link to set up ...

I am going to give this a try later today, fingers crossed.
Userlevel 7
Have you blocked your data and are only using WiFi? You need to have your data enabled in order to send/receive picture messages to other regular smartphones. For being able to send/receive between iPhones, that's because iMessage can run off WiFi. If you were to disable iMessage, you wouldn't be able to send/receive pictures from iPhones either.
Ahmad wrote:

Have you blocked your data and are only using WiFi? You need to have your data enabled in orde...

Data is on and I have the same issue whether I am on Wifi or 3G. I have some suggestions regarding settings and APN, I'm going to give those a try today
For my phone to send and receive pictures you need to have your data on (3G/4G)
Courtnee wrote:

For my phone to send and receive pictures you need to have your data on (3G/4G)

Data is on.
Userlevel 2
Hey Brenda, by chance is it Imessage that's being used? As that will only work between Iphones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The iphone does have a separate switch to enable mms messaging. If that's off it could explain why you can send to iphones using imessage but not to any other devices. I think it's under settings->messaging.