Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I bought a 150MB US roaming, and used only 76MB, but was charge 5MB fee for $5. Can you explain this?

I bought a 150MB US roaming, and used only 76MB, but was charge 5MB fee for $5.  Can you explain this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Did you add the roaming while in the US or before leaving? Does is specifically say that the 5$ fee was for 5mb of roaming?
Mathieu wrote:

Did you add the roaming while in the US or before leaving? Does is specifically say that the 5$ f...

it's an add-on plan, so basically 150 MB should all be roaming.  the charged 5 mb is just among all the other usages, without any difference. I don't know why this 5MB cost me $5. that's creepy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Did you add the roaming while in the US or before leaving? Does is specifically say that the 5$ f...

Hi Dina,

"Did you add the roaming while in the US or before leaving?" - Mathieu

Go to your PDF ebill by logging to into your self serve from a web browser to see more details.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

I'll bet it's a tiny amount (possibly reported as 0.00 MB) of 1X data. There have been a number of reports of this on this community. I recommend calling Koodo to discuss removal of the fee, if it is as such.  Note: 1X data was associated with the older CDMA (no SIM card) technology, which has been replaced by newer technologies in Canada, since about 2009.