Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to use data on prepaid booster on iphone

I have an unlocked iphone on prepaid koodo. I can make calls and send sms, however I also have a data booster plan active, but I can't seem to be able to connect to the internet. Also in order to get the 3G logo next to the koodo one on top of the screen I need to enable Data roaming. My cellphone is not canadian. Ideas?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
where are you located?
Hook up to a wifi and go into your browser. go to the following link m.apnchanger.org Select Automatically then where it says world trip click and scroll to where is says Ca- Koodo Select and doiwnload when complete restart you phone It should do the trick
Userlevel 1
smurfette wrote:

Hook up to a wifi and go into your browser. go to the following link m.apnchanger.org Select ...

Koodo Link is more explanatory: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-d.shtml than APN changer Org http://wiki.apnchanger.org/Canada#Koodo
Did this work for you?
Yes! It worked like a charm, thank you. But now I have another problem, when I deactivate 3G to save battery I lose the connection altogether, getting a no service icon is this normal?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Luis Arvz wrote:

Yes! It worked like a charm, thank you. But now I have another problem, when I deactivate 3G to s...

Yes, it is completely normal, since Koodo does not have a 2g network.
Luis Arvz wrote:

Yes! It worked like a charm, thank you. But now I have another problem, when I deactivate 3G to s...

I mean to be able to make and receive calls. Do I need to have 3G on for that?
Is there on at says Celluar data instea of 3G? You want to turn off just your data connection not all of your connections all togeather.
Sure, I'm just turning 3G services off (settings/cellular/enable 3G off), not all the cellular data (cellular data switch is on) however I lose the connection to the network,, not being able to make or receive calls
Sure, I'm just turning 3G services off (settings/cellular/enable 3G off), not all the cellular data (cellular data switch is on) however I lose the connection to the network,, not being able to make or receive calls
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As I stated earlier, Koodo does not have a 2g network. If you turn 3g off, you're telling the phone not to connect to koodo.
Keep your 3G service on but if you want your Data off temp turn off Cellular data switch. That will keep calls open and text open but turn your data off so you can turn it on and off and only use it when you need it.
Got it! Thank you very much! I couldn't have wished for a better help.