Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to remove updated software for iphone and go back to the previous version

Since downloading the update for my iphone 4, my battery life is useless. I used to charge every evening. Now I find my phone has crashed and is shutdown several times at day. I have gone through the settings and turned off, or removed any settings that keep apps running I the background but that didn't help. Very frustrated since I now miss calls all the time and usually find my phone off during the day. Is there a way to remove the latest update and go back to the previous? I feel that there should have been a warning for anyone without the newest phone, that this software shouldn't be downloaded on previous versions of the iphone. Help

12 replies

Userlevel 6
The software probably contribute to you battery problems but considering you have an iPhone 4 you maybe due for a battery upgrade. If you take your phone to an apple store they can tell how much life is left in it. I don't know if you can go back to an set version of iOS. I didn't think so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

The software probably contribute to you battery problems but considering you have an iPhone 4 you...

You cannot, except in certain cases when you have a jailbroken phone, and that requires some work before you update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

The software probably contribute to you battery problems but considering you have an iPhone 4 you...

+1 Ivan
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

please visit ibackupbot website and download software for your computer . when connected it will ask you click more infor and you should be able to see battery life and how many cycles have completed . if its more than 300 cycle consider battery at its 50% capacity . http://www.icopybot.com/itunes-backup-manager.htm
Userlevel 4
Chris Petersens wrote:

+1 Ivan
Userlevel 2
http://www.icopybot.com/itunes-backup-manager.htm No jailbreak needed
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Benaam Badnaam wrote:

Do not download this. it will not help you roll back to an older iOS after you have updated your phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Benaam Badnaam wrote:

Benaam, please do not encourage customers to download and install potentially malicious software.
Userlevel 5
This is one of the big flaws I find with Apple. When they launch a new/updated OS, they release it for pretty much every past iPhone. Even if those iPhones aren't suited to run the new version of iOs. So in turn, it makes some of their older phones run extremely poorly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

This is one of the big flaws I find with Apple. When they launch a new/updated OS, they release i...

The updates are always optional. The user doesn't have to click on update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

This is one of the big flaws I find with Apple. When they launch a new/updated OS, they release i...

Unless you need to do a factory restore on your phone. Then you are hooped.
Userlevel 5
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

While the updates are always optional, if its not going to work well it shouldn't even be an option, especially if you cant uninstall the update. Most users out there, when they see a button for an update, are just thinking of the extra features they will gain. They aren't thinking "Hey Apple released an update for my phone, but based on the specs of my phone it wont work well so I should ignore it.", instead people think "Hey, this update is going to make my iPhone even more amazing, and add in all the new features they talked about in the commercials. Click"