Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to contact Koodo via Skype? (what is their user name?)

I want to close my account but I am out of the country and have no other way of contacting them....I will cancel my credit card if I have no other way but koodo will keep giving service without any pay for a while I guess. Too bad they don't have a better system....why is this option not in the self-serve? I owe nothing my tab is full.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They don't have a user name, you need to call their phone number.
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The OP has a valid ask. Why is this function not online Timo? I can hazard the guess....they want to see if they can keep those guys? But how do you keep all these people who were here only temporarily? It's a waste of a call which must cost koodo.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

at the end of the day it's really the OP's responsibility to find out how to cancel the service before he leaves the country. If not he's going to have to pay to have a phone call back to Canada to cancel it. I don't think its koodo responsibility to provide an international 800 number so that people can call and discuss their servicethe number they have works in North America. As far as not being online, I don't want to see why people are leaving and ifpossible retain them.
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I have to believe most people when they leave any cellphone company to another they simply just take their number to them. What you call port. They never call koodo. The ones that do call must be to a large extent folks like the OP. And koodo doesn't stans a chance to retain them. That's all I'm saying.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

and I agree but you know the OP in this case actually moved out of the country and didn't do anything to cancel the service before he left.
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Agreed. That said you can cancel most things online, so people I guess believe, rightfully so that they can cancel cellpones online too.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

it would appear for the most part that koodo wants people in using this and online resources before calling in. apparently that's not the case with canceling it want to talk the customer. come to think of it the only thing I can cancel online are my utilities other than that my luxury services I would need to call in to cancel
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Oops! I wrote "As far as not being online, I don't want to see why people are leaving and ifpossible retain them" I meant: As far as not being online, Koodo wants to see why people are leaving and if possible retain them
Userlevel 7
I

Userlevel 7
https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/topics/stopping-koodo-service-to-0
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey there Etienne and everyone here. Toll-free numbers are a free call on skype!
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Hey there Etienne and everyone here. Toll-free numbers are a free call on skype!

Awesome! Good to know!