Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How strict is Koodo with bad credit?

I want to get my daughter and iPhone 4S for her birthday but I have bad credit scores, I've been turned down by fido and I don't want to put her on prepaid. How strict is Koodo on bad credit?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo is probably as strict as Fido, Katona. Tell me something though, why wouldn't you want prepaid for your daughter? Assuming she is a teen, prepaid is actually pretty awesome for young people 🙂
Userlevel 7
Pretty forgiving and worth a shot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

That is true too 😃 won't hurt to try! But Chad do you think Koodo might be more lenient than other providers? If that's the case, Katona may be home free 🙂
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Koodo is probably as strict as Fido, Katona. Tell me something though, why wouldn't you want p...

I was just about to say that! There is nothing wrong with prepaid Katona. What don't you like about it?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Well considering I still owed another telecom money for a year before koodo put me in the SLC, I'd say yes.
Userlevel 5
There's a decent chance you'll be ok, but can be blacklisted if you happen to have bad history with Telus.
I find pre paid to be pretty handy, but like everyone said above me, it's worth giving koodo a shot, just call the customer service number and speak to a representative, I'm sure they'll get something figured out for you 🙂 good luck!